Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you consider your LO's father a good father?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you consider your LO's father a good father?

Options:

Yes

No

More than one- all are good

More than one- none are good

More than one- some good some bad

Other?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

So now that we've covered DNA I'm wondering how we feel about those fellas that lent us their DNA (in most cases obviously).

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandyns87
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:55 AM

He was a good dad when he was around. He stayed with me the entire time the baby and I were in the hospital, and helped me a lot before he got locked up.

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on." - Tupac Shakur

jeepingirrl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:57 AM

No....I do not consider my kids dad a good one. He has never put their needs in front of his wants. He only "plays" dad when there are people around to notice. It breaks my heart. He see's his kids everyweek but it is more becuase that is what people expecthim to do rather than that is what he wants to do. If somethingcomes up like going up north with his girlfriend or anything like that...he leaves the kids in the dust. Sucks really bad for them.

Kissybratzmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM

My DS's dad...no. He denied his son for 11 months and then waited another 2 months to even see him for the first time, after bailing the 1st time he wanted to see him. Granted he has seen him twice this month, that does not make him a good dad.

If you look at his Facebook or dating profile, he makes himself out to be a great dad...HA! The whole time he was here he maybe played on the floor with him for a half hour or so and that was it. I told him what he likes to play with and all that good stuff. He's either too busy trying to find the next girlfriend and chatting online, or too far up his current girlfriends butt to do anything with his other son. That was an issue we had when we were together, and it still seems to be an issue. He needs to make his kids a priority over meeting and chatting with women.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:03 AM

no. but i dont think he knows how to be one.  

aj23
by Amanda on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I think my sons dad means well and is as good as he can be. His mother never let him grow up and he can't think for himself when it comes to how to be a dad.

Mari_C
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Overall no, because he hasn't seen her in about 3 years. When we together, still overall no, but he had his good moments, very few and far between.

dmelyoung
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Quoting aj23:

I think my sons dad means well and is as good as he can be. His mother never let him grow up and he can't think for himself when it comes to how to be a dad.

This. He does the best he can so I dont hold that against him.

adulation
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM

"other?"

he's a good father, just not to Lila.  he has other kids, and he is a good dad,  but Lila definitely got the shit end of the deal.  he is good when he is with her, but, he is never with her.  between his social life and his middle child that is obviously his favorite, he doesn't have time for Lila.

Aidansmom213
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM

My son(8 years old) father is not in the least good for him. My little boy has aspergers,but I have a great wrap around service and we all work hard with him and it shows. My son's father ,I think has something also ,mabe mental....but even if he does there is no excuse for the selfish, self pity , gossip pig ,jackass that he is. He definitely has a personality disorder or something....narcissistic disorder big time. My little boy is more mature and compassionate.He asked me if he could take a break from going with his dad every other weekend( one overnight stay) because he doesn't have a good time. His dad does what HE wants to do, never his son. He also said that his dad just curses too much and when my son says something about it, his dad gets mad and stays in a bad mood towards him for a while after. Well thats all I needed to hear baby!!!!   I said you can take a break for as long as you want to.

meka1984
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM

My DD's father is not a good dad at all. He has not saw her this year. I can count on one hand how many times he saw her last year. This month is the first month he's paid his CS since 06'.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)