• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the pregnancy pact

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:08 AM
  • 13 Replies

i just watched it. how upsetting. why do little girls think this is something they would want?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mari_C
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:44 AM

I saw it last night and wanted to strangle the TV!! The thought process of those girls is devastating. Shame on their parents!

Anthonys_mommy1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:10 AM

I heard bout this. It was in 2008. Something like 17 girls or so made a pact right after Jamie Lynn Spears got pregnant. So sad

deann66
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Young girls romaticize it. Cute litle babies to dress up and show off. Sad.

jeepingirrl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I meant to watch this, but I missed it. Gonna have to catc it next time it is on. I could not imagine when I was their age wanting a baby....hell all the way through my 20's I was not even sure if I was ever gonna be ready to have kids!

stephsmom05
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I watched it last night.  They r so ignorant.  I dont know what would make girls do that.  I know they took after Spears but at least she had money to raise it and pay for help.  Kids just dont think and dont know what real responsibility is.

m2b8609
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:04 AM

the girl who had her baby first and didnt know what she was doing and only had the grandma i wanted to strangle the life out of her at the end how she just lit a cigarette up hile the baby was screaming was awful!

CHDMommy3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM

How funny I was just going to put a post up and see what everyone thought about the movie.

I feel really bad for the girls..... they obviously did not discuss things with their family but if I understand correctly it was a strong Catholic community and BC was out of the question.

And the one girl who smokes while pregnant and then sitting there smoking around the baby broke my heart.  Im not preaching about smoking so please don't think that it is just very sad that so many WOMEN...not teenagers want a baby so badly and cannot and here these girls took it like getting prego was like getting their ears pierced or wearing BFF bracelets.

My question for all of us now........ being that they took this pact and they did it on purpose do you feel (yes the boys layed down too and did not use a condom) that the boys have to accept full responsibility for the girls actions or like the one BF he seems to have moved on and none of them really stepped up. What do you think? If you play no matter if she lies do you still pay? 

Just more welfare and government help being shipped out.  How sad thousands of dollars for one spot for a day care and yet some schools struggle with computers and supplies.

BellaBecky
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM

again dammit I wish I had cable so I could have awatched it hopefully they have it online soon then when I move to my parents I can watch it

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I really wanted to watch that, but forgot about it.

jeepingirrl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Quoting CHDMommy3:

My question for all of us now........ being that they took this pact and they did it on purpose do you feel (yes the boys layed down too and did not use a condom) that the boys have to accept full responsibility for the girls actions or like the one BF he seems to have moved on and none of them really stepped up. What do you think? If you play no matter if she lies do you still pay? 

I have always had issues with this. Yes it does take two people to have a baby. The funny thing is....it seems the guy never really gets a say. If he wants the girl to get an abortion and she dont want to....he gets no say. If the girl wants to have an abortion and he dont want her to...he loses. When it comes to child support...he pays...rather he was ready or not. But if the girl decided she is not ready she can have an abortion without taking into consideration his opinion. I have a real hard time finding that all fair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)