Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some diaper rash advice

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

So my son is 14month and teething like crazy, which means he is pooping like crazy. His poor butt just looks awful! I can't always smell it so I have resorted to randomly picking him up and smelling his butt lol

I have been using antifungal cream 2-3 times a day since I was pretty sure he had a yeast infection on top of it. That cleared up his diaper line area, but not his bottom. I also use it with Bourdeaux's butt paste (what the doctor suggested) at every diaper change and some cornstarch as well. It's finally to the point where when I clean him up it doesn't have little drops of blood from the rash, but for the life of me I can not get it to go away!! Any advice, or things that worked for your LO??? I feel sooooo bad for my little guy :o(

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Boudreaux's is a good product. Since it's bleeding, could you treat it like it's a regular "owie"? Do hydrogen and antibiotic ointment? Slather vaseline or Boudreaux's on top of it? I feel bad for little dude too!

Good luck Mom.

Women are Loving, Nurturing, Responsible, Forgiving, Strong, Sensual, Feminine, and Fully Capable of Raising Children and  Being Financially Independent

I Reject a Male Dominated World-My God is a Woman

Mell-belle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Ummm. I use Gold Bond powder. It will cool him, and dry it up quick. That always works for my little one. She had little blisters when she was 4wks old from diahrea that we couldn't keep under control. And the only thing that cleared it up was the Gold Bond, but it isn't cheap, but soooo worth it. Good luck mama, I feel so bad for him.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
bonnierae333
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I had the same problem with my son, antifungal and all, and then one of the PAs at my peds office suggested this: mix vasiline and malox, they dont really mix, but i keep a container of it and just stir it up with a spoon. but im telling you it cleared it up in a day. I know it sounds wiered but i was at my end, cause i tried everything! it doesnt matter what flavor, i used cherry.

jessarendt22
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I would suggest when you give him a bath to throw in some baking soda or  to go guy the oatmeal bath packets those help allot ! and just try to let him air his hiney out as much as possible. I also like the weleda diaper rash cream its all natural!

m2b8609
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

i know a dr around here in carroll iowa has this awesome butt cream its expensive and my neice had the same problem ur son does it makes you wanna cry but it cleared it up withing 8 hours it works amazing not sure tho bc i tried searching it online and couldnt find it if u were closer to carroll id suggest that stuff it does awesome!

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:17 PM

The only thing that works for my son is triple paste cream (its sold at wal-mart or just about anywhere) Its really good, it will clear his rash up with-in 2 diaper changes, and his get terrible also.

ProudSingleMum
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I used A&D ointment on his tush.....It was AWESOME! He has dry skin now at times and I use it then also...

Kissybratzmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Thanks ladies. I have to go out tomorrow so I'll have to pick some stuff up. We are currently in a blizzard warning as of about 5 minutes ago. It's been snowing all day. Ackk.

binker55
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:29 PM

maybe you need to change his brand of diapers. my son was allergic to pampers

Kissybratzmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM

It's not the diapers, I've always used..Luvs. Pampers breaks him out and he leaks through Huggies and some of the off brands that I have tried.

Quoting binker55:

maybe you need to change his brand of diapers. my son was allergic to pampers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)