Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hmmm Interesting predicament

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have this friend, Nikki, that I used to work with, we both got pregnant within a few weeks of each other, but she lost her baby. We got pretty close during all that, but over the last year I havent seen her much, maybe 3 times. She recently got married and is expecting a little girl in a couple months. I got the invite to her shower and RSVP'd, we're both really excited to see each other again, it's been like 6 months!!

BUT, she specifically asked me not to mention it to our mutual friend, Amber. They have some drama with one of the other guest-- not really relevant to the story.

My problem is, I have no problem NOT MENTIONING the shower to Amber.. but she specifically told Nikki "make sure I get an invite!" so if she asks me directly "hey is nikki having a shower?" What do I say!?

I hate lying to people, but I dont want to start anything either! 

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jbmom91
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

If you are asked point blank about a shower, be honest.  But before too much more time elapses, talk to Nikki.  Tell her you are honored to be invited to her shower and plan to attend, but you are not comfortable with lieing to your friends.  Tell her that it was wrong that she asked you to lie and that you will be honest if asked directly.  But by all means, be honest!

calgalmeg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I would simply tell that friend if she asks "why are you asking me and not Nikki?"    Then, whatever she says just tell her that even if Nikki was throwing a shower if they couldn't talk about it as friends you wouldn't want to get in between them.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.  - George Elliot

AllNaturalMum
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I would straight out tell her she needs to talk to Nikki about that. Keep your nose out of it.

pregnancy calendar
kptmomof3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM

thats what I would do also

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

I would straight out tell her she needs to talk to Nikki about that. Keep your nose out of it.

ProudSingleMum
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Hmmm. I'd say, "You'd have to ask her."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)