• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you happy with your "Single Mother" status?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM
  • 51 Replies

I LOVE being a single mum. Love, love, love it!  I have never been happier in my life, and seeing my brother and his wife continually hitting the self-destruct button on their marriage, I think I'm one of the lucky ones (not to mention my son who has never and will never witness his parents slog it out in a verbal slanging-match!)

Just wondering how you feel about being a single mother?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
single_and_preg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM

yes i usually always feel happy about it.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM

i kind of struggle with thinking some things wrong with me for NOT being interested in marriage or relationships LMAO

josiahmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I am happy to be single mom. It is just alot of stress with all that goes on in our lives. Living with my parents dont help. Their dad barely helps. Yes i love being a single mommy tho.

michellefilledwithloveofferjelly-1.png Michelle picture by michelle5971

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Nope!!! I hate it.... I hate being alone, I hate not having someone home when I get home or to cook for other then my sons.... I hate not having someone to cuddle with at night... I hate having to do everything by myself sometimes... I hate not having anyone not to hold an adult conversation with etc....

I also hate that all of my ex's got married within 1 year of breaking up with me or me breaking up with them.... bastards! LOL

but I love being a mommy and everything to do with it!!! Even the stress!!!

jme9606
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I love it. I really don't think I was meant to be married or in a long term relationship.

Kam06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I love it! It is super hard but I dont think I could stand a man disciplining my daughter. Although I do want a partner in life...

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

angie729
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Im very happy and content being a single mom. There is not a man out there that Im interested in and I know plenty of single ones. I do fear being alone when Im older and the kids are grown though.

Brandyns87
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I like parenting alone. I like making all the decisions in my son's life without someone else's two sense being put in. I enjoy only having to cook for, and clean up after myself, and my son. I'm very content with the single life I have.

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on." - Tupac Shakur

Xandriasmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Honestly I am battling being content being single. I want to be a stay at home mom and have more kids (I wont have more out of wedlock), Someone to cuddle with when my head hurts that is actually bigger than me, someone to have an adult conversation and someone to share the responsibility.

I love being a mommy, but I can't say I'm happy being single. 

Moniquemarie1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I would prefer to have a companion and I do want to be married again, but I need to get over whatever the hell is wrong with me keeping me from getting out there. 

I am glad to not be married to my ex husband though.  The stress that I went through being married to him, he was driving me mad, and we barely argued! I didn't want to be in a place where I was unhappy and I knew that would not be good for my daughter. 

I'm just glad that when I do get right, I will pick up EVEN faster on the bullshit because I have lived and learned! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)