Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I SAW him hit her!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM
  • 27 Replies

I came home to my daughter in the bath(20 months) by herself and her dad and his girlfriend were in a verbal argument because she didn't want him to leave. So, she locks his crap up in the bathroom with her so he pulls out a knife to break in. He threw the knife on the ground the slapped her good in the face a couple times then pinned her against the wall with his hand around her neck then he throws her to the floor with his hand still around her neck telling her how much he wants to punch her. All this while my daughter is in the bath alone and watching through the door. I am so not sure about visits anymore. I had to push him off his girlfriend and tell him to LEAVE. Would you trust you child alone with someone who looses their temper with someone they are CHOOSING to love and not forced to deal with??? help

***UPDATED ON PAGE 3***

Mommy to Reyna Adrielle(05-28-08) and Brennon Levi(07-29-09).
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calgalmeg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM

CALL THE POLICE NOW!!!!!  You were involved in a struggle report it NOW before he goes after you saying you were the aggressor.  Also I would say absolutely no visits unless it is supervised from now on.  He left your baby alone in a bath tub and assaulted a woman in front of her- and there was a knife involved OMG hun call the police now please please please- if for no one else please do it for your DD.  Do it before the GF has time to forgive him and blame it on you!

It is never too late to be what you might have been.  - George Elliot

Singlemomks
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Quoting care_free:

I came home to my daughter in the bath(20 months) by herself and her dad and his girlfriend were in a verbal argument because she didn't want him to leave. So, she locks his crap up in the bathroom with her so he pulls out a knife to break in. He threw the knife on the ground the slapped her good in the face a couple times then pinned her against the wall with his hand around her neck then he throws her to the floor with his hand still around her neck telling her how much he wants to punch her. All this while my daughter is in the bath alone and watching through the door. I am so not sure about visits anymore. I had to push him off his girlfriend and tell him to LEAVE. Would you trust you child alone with someone who looses their temper with someone they are CHOOSING to love and not forced to deal with??? help

Why didn't you call the police during this whole thing??? Absolutely I would not allow visits - what if he lost his temper with your daughter???

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

Kissybratzmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM

No way would my kid be going back. Makes you wonder how many times they've done that in front of her? Not only that..she could have drowned while they fighting and carrying on. I would have called the cops and told them the whole thing and then use it in court against your ex if you have to some day.

HeartsLove
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Wow, you're not sure..... You stood there and watched as your daughter sat in the tub alone and watched..... Wow

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM

i would have called the police. that is one of the VERY FEW instances i will. if i see a man hitting a woman or child, or a woman hitting a child (violently) i will call the cops. idgaf if its my babys dad. i would have asked for the report number and took his fuckn ass back to court so fast his head would spin.

i am pretty laissez faire about life but i WILL NOT TOLERATE domestic violence of ANY KIND around me or my kids.

Mari_C
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM

What she said.

Quoting HeartsLove:

Wow, you're not sure..... You stood there and watched as your daughter sat in the tub alone and watched..... Wow

jessarendt22
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM

ummm hell no i would not leave a man like that alone with my child , there is noway on earth , not ever ! He should only be allowed supervised visitations if it all !if he behaves that way when your watching him think about what he might be doing when your not there !

NateysMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:28 PM

i agree. call the cops and make a report. call the courts/attourney if you have them for custody/child support agreements already set in place. tell them about it and the police report, they need to know that. i wouldnt do solo visitation, completely supervised or not at all. if he could be that rough with his girlfriend then who knows what he could do to the baby, not to mention he did it infront of her! that is horrible and not acceptable at all

calgalmeg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Just so we can give better advice... when did this happen?

It is never too late to be what you might have been.  - George Elliot

jeepingirrl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM

How come you did not call the police? You try and make a report now and it might be to late. What if his girlfriend has forgiven him and you go to the police and she says your lying? The first thing you should have done was get your daughter out of there, then called the police when you guys were out to the car.

As for visits. Hell no. But good luck trying to prove what you saw now if the girlfriend is already over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)