Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my daddy????????

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 10:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
My daughter has just turned two and sees her dad once or twice a month.  They spent two days together around the time of her birthday and ever since she crys for him when ever she gets upset.  I guess I'm confused by the overnight change, anyone have any advice.  She will not let me soothe her when she is crying out for him which has become quite problematic since he is certaintly not a "I'll be right there" type of guy.
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy2003of1
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 10:23 PM
I HAVE YET TO FIND A WAY TO FIX THAT OR TO CONFORT MY DAUGHTER WHEN SHES LIKE THAT MY SITUATIONS A LITTLE DIFFENT BUT ITS THE SAME IN ALL WHEN YOUR CHILD CRYS FOR THERE FATHER AND THERE NOT THERE THE BEST YOU CAN DO IS THANK IT ALL OUT.. AND TRY YOUR HARDEST TO EXSPLAIN SOME OF IT TO HER ATLEAST THE PARTS THAT WILL CONFORT HER SHES TO YOUNG TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON GRANIT THEY KNOW MORE THEN WHAT PEOPLE GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR... BUT IT DOESN'T GET EASYER... WISH YOU LUCK HOPPFULLY SOMEONE WILL HAVE A BETTER IDEA FOR YA.... ILL CHECK IN WISHING ALL THE LUCK TO YOU....

My_sons_Momma
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 10:37 PM
I feel your pain...it's so sad to watch these kids go through all these emotions and the guys not even second guess it.  Right now it's too hard to explain to her about her dad.  You'll have to try and redirect her attention...like ask what she wants to do when she sees him or color a picture for him.  My son is 4 and makes up stories about his dad just to fit in with kids at daycare, since he's the only one who's dad isn't around.  It's heartbreaking cuz I hate his father but I can't tell him that so I have to go along with the stories.  Unfortunatly I wish I could tell you it gets better but I haven't seen that happen too often.  Maybe you need to talk to her dad and let him know how this is affecting her and see if he could make some more time for her.  She also might be doing it just because of the reaction you give her...I don't know but I know having to deal with it sucks.
Good luck

~Beth

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

sweetbabysmama0
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 2:27 PM
how  far  away  does  he  live  from you?  because i  was  going  to  say maybe  you could  call him and  let  her  talk  to him  when  she gets  upset that  might  help
sweetbabysmama0
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 2:27 PM
how  far  away  does  he  live  from you?  because i  was  going  to  say maybe  you could  call him and  let  her  talk  to him  when  she gets  upset that  might  help
JustHisMommy910
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 2:58 PM
My sons father is in the military so that's his excuse. But he has never been deployed he just lives in TX and us in KY. He only takes leave to see him about once a year. He is here for 2 weeks at a time and only comes to see him like twice. He makes no extra effort but my son is 3 and has talked about seein his daddy or askin for him since he could talk. If im on the phone and he thinks I was talkin to his daddy he will get so upset.  The only thing I can do is call and let him talk to him when he gets upset or starts asking about him. This alot of times calms him and satisfies him for a while. I know this all sucks we get to deal with the repercussions of them not being around while they just enjoy having no responsibility .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN