Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Confusion

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 12:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am the mom of 3 year old twins and I work from doing medical billing and medical transcription.

One of my biggest clients is a pediatric clinic with 12 pediatricians.  My kids go there and we barter services. They treat my kids free in addition to paying for my services.

Anyway, I got a very official looking fax this morning from the clinic administrator letting me know that 4 or 5 of the doctors are going to a pediatric seminar this weekend at a local hotel. The seminar is going to include a marketplace to advertise pediatric related goods and services (anything from medical supplies to what I do). So I have been officially invited to attend with the doctors so I can advertise my service in the marketplace.

It's a can't miss offer and the hotel has an indoor water park. My only confusion is what to do with the kids during the day. The market place runs from 5-8:30 PM on Friday night, 10-7 on Saturday, and 10-3 on Sunday.

Help !!! I don't have anything to do with the kids during those two days. Should I refuse the invitation???

Amy

by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
talensmommy
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 12:49 PM
 Do they need an answer right away?? It sounds like it would be a good thing to go to.. I would look for some one to watch the kids and then answer.. maybe you dont need to be there the whole time and you could just get someone to watch them for a little while..
jessnsamimom
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Do you have a close friend or relative they can stay with for the weekend or that you can bring with you to watch the kids?
amy403820
by on Oct. 3, 2007 at 6:56 AM

My neighbor with twin girls is going to let my kids sleep over at her house on Friday night, she will bring them to me on Saturday so they can eat dinner with me and enjoy the water park before going to bed, and Sunday my neighbor will come to the hotel and pick them up to spend the time with her until I get home.

What a neighbor and she is a single mom too!!

Amy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)