Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just a Little Advice

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 1:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have been dating this guy for about 3 months and everything has been going great.  Long story short, I have met his parents and sister and they are great.  I have met some of his friends and that is great.  We talk about having a future together and so on and so on.  But all of a sudden it seems that maybe he has lost interest.  Is it possible for someone to change overnight like that?  We had plans on Friday night that he had to cancel because he had knee surgery a couple weeks ago and he had gone to work over night for the first time from thur night to fri morning and he said he just wasn't feeling well and slept most of the night.  I studied all day Saturday and he hung out with the guys.  Sun we got together to watch football.  He said he was going to take a nap and then call me so that he could come over.  Well he ended up sleeping until 1 in the morning.  I know he was sleeping because he was when I left.  I didn't talk to him very long yesterday and he said that he would call before going to work and he didn't.  I got a text and that was it.  I text him asking if I did something and he acted as if I was crazy and said nothing was wrong.  This morning when he got off work at 630 he didn't call and I know that he is at home sleeping (from working nights) but I feel like he is loosing interest.  Am I over reacting?   sorry so long.  Don't know what to do I REALLY like this guy and we have talked about being together for a long time!!!!
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CarliesMom
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 2:11 PM
We seem to be in the exact same situation...
I started dating Shawn 7 months ago... when my daughter was 1 month old. Everything was great... he asked me to be his girlfriend.. and i thought everything was perfect... well, last month, out of no where, he broke up with me. We had spent the whole weekend together... well, every weekend together for the past 2 months.. we were either camping, at his house, at my house, or going on a trip somewhere... I couldn't believe what was happening. My heart was crushed. I had finally let myself fall for someone, and this happens...

well, him and are still 'talking' but its just different... he loves me, and i love him... its just hard. He said that he isn't ready for a serious relationship.. well, I am, and I just dont know what to do...
angie729
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 2:48 PM
Hi..sorry to hear about what your going thru...I know its hard. I have been dating a guy for about six months now and sometimes he will pull away like that with me. But when I ask if I did something or if his feelings have changed he says no. Sometimes I think and notice I said think that men come on strong want us around all the time and when they think they have us then they can just do as they please..call when they want and expect us to be there ready to do what ever for them. I was married for twelve years with the same guy for 16 so all this dating is new to me and I really hate it..just want to find the missing piece to my puzzle and move on...I suppose for us to find that peice we have to put up and go thru a lot of heartache...good luck.
tinkerbellava
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 3:16 PM
Sweetheart...if you are anything like me..... you are really getting into this guy and  want things to work...the fact that it has started to show signs of becoming something great and serious is probably spooking you a little!!!  I tend to get very weary about why things haven't gotten bad yet....(I kinda got a little to used to being with @$$holes!!!)...if a relationship is really going great and getting serious I have a tendancy to look for something wrong with it...and over analyze everything!!!  I'm so worried about getting hurt again that I try to stay ahead of the game and be prepared for the worst...It's a horrible habit!!!!!  I lost the love of my life doing that ....but then I met the sperm donor and now I have my beautiful little girl so......just be careful that you are not trying to find something wrong.....I used to work third shift and it is very tiring!!!! It takes up a lot of your time too because you can't conduct business if you are asleep so you tend to not sleep enough!!!  If he just had knee surgery and is going back to work nights again....give him a little patience......he probably just needs a little time to get adjusted again.....chances are he's worried about the situation too and doesn't want you to get frustrated with him!!!  Be supportive....and spontanious.....show up one night a couple hours before he has to go to work and  bring him dinner or something!!!!  He'll love you for it!!!  Show him you are still there and that you understand what he's going through!!

~Adrienne & Ava

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)