Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crying Time?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

Anyone else feel like they need just some time to cry and get it all out??

Ive kept so much bottled up for almost 3yrs now and I need to just sit down alone and cry it all out.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
single_and_preg
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I used to be like that, but now im at a point in my life i cant even cry anymore, like I never cry now. and stuff that used to make me cry, if it were to happen today, I wouldnt be able to cry.

In hope that makes sense.

LyndaLoo78
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:49 AM

I cried a lot while married to my exH (he gave plenty of reasons to be unhappy) and then after he left I cried a lot too.  In a moment of clarity I realized I was grieving a marriage that I never had, the marriage I had HOPED for, a marriage where we both committed to each other and our family, a marriage that was devoid of abuse, anger, and hate....I was crying over something I never actually had.  I cried a lot less after that - and now almost a year later, I never cry....Is it hard being a parent 24/7 to three small children with no help and no one else to pick up teh slack - yes, but I am infinitely more happy than I ever was married.  Yes there were "good moments" but they were far and few between, and my worst day is is still better than my best day then. 

Take the time you need to cry - it is cleansing and important - but don't get too caught up in grief and pity - cry - and then move forward.  Big hugs to you Mamma!!!

jessarendt22
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I think its healthy to have a good cry and just let it out lol usually the time I use the excuse to watch a really sad movie and just let it all out and have some me time . and feel allot better the next day!

Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Don't feel bad, I broke down and cried out of frustration and anger after my ex texted me yesterday.

lovebeingmrs
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Oh yeah I have cried lots of times and sometimes still do. Sometimes its the only way I can express myself.

Anthonys_mommy1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I cry all the time. Mostly because I am so stressed. I live at home with my 2 kids and my mother, brother, and sister. I'm looking for a job and can't find anything that doesn't require night s and weekends (I don't have anyone to watch my kids those times). My family treats me like garbage. I'm Cinderella. Since I'm home all day they figure I can clean after them and do everything for them. My mother tells me I'm lazy and that I should give up on finding a man that will put up with my depression. I'm depressed because I feel like my family hates me. They tell me all the time that if it wasn't for my kids they'd kick me out. So yea I cry a lot. but I never let my kids see it. I don't want them to know their mommy is weak

CorrinaWithrow
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Nothing wrong with a good cry. I cried alot when my marriage broke up because it was the death of alot of hopes and dreams. I have cried alot over the years since, when things just got to frustrating, lonely or overwhelming.

emfm2013
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I definately cry. I love my SO and am happy mostly. But sometimes I just cry. I'm 20 weeks pregnant and that may have 2 do with it, but I still cry.

Rebirth08
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Yes, cry it out. Talk to God. Go find a good friend who will listen to you, and just speak what's on your heart...

Sasha907
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Quoting CorrinaWithrow:

Nothing wrong with a good cry. I cried alot when my marriage broke up because it was the death of alot of hopes and dreams. I have cried alot over the years since, when things just got to frustrating, lonely or overwhelming.

I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME.  THE LOSS OF HOPE OR A DREAM IS EXCRUCIATING.  I NEVER USED TO CRY.  EVER.  CAN'T WAIT TO BE OVER FEELING SO BEAT UP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)