Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Anniversary Baby....I miss you

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

I went on my first date with Wayne two years ago today. It was February 20,2008 and the begining of the best 10 months of my life. It was nothing fancy, we just went out for pizza then we rode around for a while and talked. Looking back now, I remember as we were riding to Pizza Inn we kept laying our arms on the console between the seats of his truck and he'd get sooo close to grabbing my hand but then pulling back. He kept me in suspense the whole time wondering is he gonna hold my hand or what? Then wondering is he gonna kiss me good night or just leave me at my back door? I didn't know what to expect but he had the ability to always keep me wondering what he was going to do next. Well...he did reach over and take my hand on the way home and was actually kind of shy almost, but that was part of his charm, and he did kiss me goodnight when we got to my house and then walked me to my back door (and yes, he was kind of shy about that too, but damn..... that man had skills) He went home and called me and we ended up on the phone for a couple of hours. That was the first of many dates and even after he moved in with me and my son, we still set aside a date night. He passed away 14 months ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss him but it's days like today that remind me of how much I miss him and the fun times we had

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
single_and_preg
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I am so sorry to hear that, it made my eyes water reading it!im sorry

I have dealt with death of close loved ones in my life also, so if you ever want to chat you can PM me.

CorrinaWithrow
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what the last 14 months have been like. That was even painful to read let alone live thru. Hugs to you and your son.

BellaBear
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I am soo sorry hun.... you just made me cry. I hope with time it gets a little easier for you.

calgalmeg
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:25 AM

I'm so sorry he's gone dear.  Some people are blessed with true loves in our lives and short or long you cannot measure that kind of happiness.  He will always live in your heart though and your kind words about him probably give him a smile where he is now.

jeepingirrl
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that whereever he is he is also thinking of you today...on your aniversary.

Angieboo77
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I am so sorry for your loss... I know love like that comes once in a life time.

fruitypeb5
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:35 AM

: (   Awe... Happy anniversary & memories to you...

Jenneliz
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM

i am so sorry for your loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)