Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Misses his family

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ugh. I hate this.  Ex has been pretty good about doing things with DD the last 6 months or so (before that, he was horrible).  He's here this weekend for DD's 5th birthday.  He's staying at my house (not a problem, my idea as a money saver).  We've been together most of the day.  After DD's awesome 5th birthday party we went to Toys R Us so he could get her a present (he waited until after the party so he wouldn't get a duplicate).  After that we went to Chili's for dinner.

DD fell asleep at the table.  Ex and I got into a heated discussion about how he wants to take her for the summer and I don't think it's a good idea.  This would require him to put her into a new daycare for the 2 months or so.  Also he works over nights once a week.  She has adjustment issues.  I've left her overnight with people she's been friends with for over 6th months, and she's had a hard time.  I've left her over night with my parents and she has a difficult time.  I can't imagine her going over night with people she barely knows once per week.  So we are fighting about it.  He says it's his right, I say it's not, and it's not recomended in our county for her age group (I researched it).  He goes on about how it's not fair, how I get to see her all the time and I don't know how difficult it is to be away from her.  Then he says.....

He misses his family.  WTH am I supposed to do with that?  Arg.  Whatever.  Dumbass, maybe if he had valued his family when he had it.  Why does he have to ruin everything?

And now I have to get up at 4:45 AM to take him to the airport, a hour and a half away.  AND we are having an ice storm tonight.  But I'm the inconsiderate bitch.  WTF.

Sorry ladies.  Thanks for the vent.  Ugh.

Beth

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CorrinaWithrow
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:20 PM

You go ahead and vent. We are hear to listen. If you truly feel that her father taking her is a bad idea, stick to your guns. who would take care of he while he is working overnight? If he hits you with the "I miss my family" again suggest exactly what you said to us. If he valued his family it wouldn't be like this. Actions speak louder than words. You said it's only been six months that he has been pretty good. That' s not very long if she's 5.

Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I don't blame you one bit, especially since he doesn't live close! I wouldn't send my child hours away for a whole summer. If he valued his family so much and misses it, then maybe he shouldn't have whatever it is that caused him to lose it. Men are so stupid sometimes! ((hugs))

calgalmeg
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:01 AM

He was inconsistent in the past your DD is older now and it will cause real issues for her if he continues in his immature behavior if you aren't there to help her.  She is still way to young to be away from you for months at a time- it would not be something a child that age will understand and so what- if he missed her so much move closer!  

My ex used that guilt trip on me A LOT- and finally I told him it was enough- that what he said didn't matter because what he did told a different story and it spoke louder than his words.

jeepingirrl
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:08 AM

I agree that she is way to young to be away from you for that amont of time. I hate it when guys come back after the fact talking about they miss their family.....should have thought of that before hand dumbass.

Beth5289
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Thanks ladies!  I don't know why I let him get to me.  He still knows how to push my buttons. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)