Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrrrrr

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:31 AM
  • 6 Replies

last night out of no where my usb ports just stop working on my laptop. kept getting a message "usb device not recognized" "one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message" but when i clicked on it didn't say anything. and it would beep every 3-5 second to tell me that so i get pissed and turned the sound off. than this morning i try to turn on my laptop and it when take 4 min to try and start it up than a really load beeping noise. ty to restart it 6 times. so finally i get the boot menu to come up, and run a test on it and it said there was no problems found on windows. so i try to start it up and it starts within 30 sec like it always does, and now my usb ports work. sometimes i really do hate computers lol.i even put a post up in a computer group last night, but no one reply.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
single_and_preg
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I understand your anger, My monitor broke a few days ago, I had to get a new one at wal-mart for 100.00.....Then when i turned the computer off that night, it took 2 hours the next day for me to get it to come back on....I had to keep turning it back on and off, then finally it came back on...Im not sure what the proble is....

Im not turning it off again lol, I dont want that problem to happen again.

kcook55
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:46 AM

yea but my laptop is brand new. i got it last month ughhhhh

Quoting single_and_preg:

I understand your anger, My monitor broke a few days ago, I had to get a new one at wal-mart for 100.00.....Then when i turned the computer off that night, it took 2 hours the next day for me to get it to come back on....I had to keep turning it back on and off, then finally it came back on...Im not sure what the proble is....

tyfry7496
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I would bring it back to where you got it and have them take a look at it before any warranty's run out. My laptop wouldn't connect to the internet and I took it back to Best Buy and they fixed it in 5 minutes. NEVER have Norton on your computer, it will mess it up even if you don't access it.

Quoting kcook55:

Quoting single_and_preg:

Join Us                                                                                        Group Mod 

Kissybratzmom
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I hate electronics most days! My laptop is only 7 months old and I have at least 1 issue a month it seems.

kcook55
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM

it was ordered off the walmart.com and i have 300 and something days left on my warranty. and i learned about never getting Norton with my first desk top 3 yrs ago lol.and to never buy a compaq only buy dell now. now i use free virus software actually several.

Quoting tyfry7496:

I would bring it back to where you got it and have them take a look at it before any warranty's run out. My laptop wouldn't connect to the internet and I took it back to Best Buy and they fixed it in 5 minutes. NEVER have Norton on your computer, it will mess it up even if you don't access it.

Quoting kcook55:

Quoting single_and_preg:

kcook55
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

I hate electronics most days! My laptop is only 7 months old and I have at least 1 issue a month it seems.

so do i lol. but i have had a hole lot less problems with dell than other brands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)