Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child has aspergers/autism (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

(if this is against group rules or TOS, im sorry, and ill remove it)

I am trying to build an organization, called Asperger Angels, for mothers of children with aspergers, or high functioning autism, but it is still in the very small stages and slow going and I need PEOPLE! LOL. I am organizing a network of support, sponsors, and hopefully in the future, charity and donation to those in need.

So please at least check it out for me. Refer friends, ect. Help me build it.

click the picture please

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sugarmomof3
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I think this is a great idea! 2 of my 3 children have Asperger's and for a long time I had to really fight to get any kind of help/support. We're still not 100%, but it's getting better.

jenniepepsi
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

i agree, i am still battling with my DDs school to get her what she needs. she has a rubber chew necklace to keep in class so she isnt eating pencils or crayons or god forbid, computer cords. but thats all they have done so far.

she is with a new teacher now though, for the last few days of the week last week, and it seems to be great. her old teacher was very rigid, grumpy, and just plain bitchy and tired of Ayla. the new teacher is younger, sweeter, friendlier, smiles alot more, and is more willing to come by and give ayla a squeeze about her sholders to remind her to not wander away from the class rather than just bark orders at her.

singlemotherof8
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 10:54 AM

My 18 y/o has mild autism and my 5 y/o granddaughter has pervassive developemental disorder which is autism also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)