Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Have any of you had an allergic reaction to Laundry detergent?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM
  • 48 Replies

Well if you remember i made a post over a week ago about my skin itching, well it itched for 3 days straight, really bad, then i broke out in a rash. (It looks terrible)! I went to the DR, they said its an allergic reaction to something, and thats when i remembered i used a new detergent that i never used in my life, the day before the itching started.

I no longer itch, but my skin is broken out everywhere, it looks so icky, people keep asking, what happened to your arms etc? It's embarresing.

Has anyone else ever had to deal with this.

by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LA09TKP
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM

YES!! I have really sensitive skin, I can NOT use Tide, its to strong, I used to break out little pimples ALL OVER when i used the stuff. So now i use baby detergent instead. lol, (its cheaper too to use 1 kind of detergent for me and her clothes than 2.)

single_and_preg
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Wow yeah i never had a reaction like this lol, now i worry i have to be more careful..I always used the off bran "Sun or Exta". This time i used a more expensive one it worked so good, and made my clothes look so bright lol, now i cant use it.

Quoting LA09TKP:

YES!! I have really sensitive skin, I can NOT use Tide, its to strong, I used to break out little pimples ALL OVER when i used the stuff. So now i use baby detergent instead. lol, (its cheaper too to use 1 kind of detergent for me and her clothes than 2.)

ambie1983
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I know I itch really bad if I use the soaps with fragrance in them. I have to use the free and clear stuff.

single_and_preg
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Oh and how long did it take your guys' pimples/bumps to go away?

I've had mine since Saturday, it is clearing up slowly.

kcook55
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM

yes i have i can only use all free and clear or any gain the longer your exposed to something the worst the reaction and the longer it can take to clear.

Kissybratzmom
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I've never had an allergic reaction, but I hope it heals up fast! I splurge when it comes to laundry soap. I found that using the cheap stuff was killing the colors in my clothes and making them look dingy. I now only use Era or Gain. You can get the giant Era 96 loads for $10 at Walmart.

single_and_preg
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 4:37 PM

ThankS! Well im glad to see im not the only one!

I hope this goes away fast, and never comes back!

single_and_preg
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Thanks!Yeah i usually use the cheap stuff, this time i had expensive stuff, they made my clothes look so bright and pretty, but now i have this rash!

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

I've never had an allergic reaction, but I hope it heals up fast! I splurge when it comes to laundry soap. I found that using the cheap stuff was killing the colors in my clothes and making them look dingy. I now only use Era or Gain. You can get the giant Era 96 loads for $10 at Walmart.

tyfry7496
by on Mar. 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I break out in welts from Tide. I stay far away from that stuff.

I use Gain or Purex 3 in 1 sheets. Those are the only ones that don't bother me. I can use ERA too but not for very long.

Join Us                                                                                        Group Mod 

themomof3boys
by on Mar. 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I have never had a problem using Tide...but when I use the cheap stuff I break out in a rash from it...the rash usually clears up in about a week for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)