Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

possibly pregnant with one night stand with ex ("baby daddy")

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:58 AM
  • 12 Replies

what to do........

so I have been on birth control pills for a while now and a few weeks ago I took my dd to visit her dad in California.... one thing lead to another and we ended up having sex.  I usually don't forget to take my pills but I did, So I took a plan b pill just in case, well its time for my period and its not here.... Im four days late.

Im really worried that I may be pregnant, I cant afford or take care of another child right now.  I am just getting my life together from breaking up with him.  I am about to get a job, I just finished school and im still living with my mom.  It really irritates me because I haven't had any sex since i left him 10 months ago.  

what would you do?

there is no way that we will get back together in at least 2 years, after that we may never get back together but i just know its not going to be soon.  

My daughter is 11 months tomorrow and im just starting out so i cant in no way shape or form take care of another baby right now plus my mom would kill me!!!

I am a single momma my baby girl is my whole world ♥ Lilypie

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Stay away from the ex. Take a pregnancy test and then decide after that what you are going to do. That decision is up to you. I would call the ex and tell him what is going on. Next time. INSIST the man wear a condom too. Birth control pills are NOT 100% effective.

hisemma
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Take a pregnancy test. If it's negative, your period's probably just late from the plan b. *hugs!*

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:17 AM

don't freak too much. I was in your shoes a couple months ago except I wasn't late, just worrying over nothing since I am BC lol. But I have an 11 month old too and live with my mom and if I would have been PG I'd have gotten an abortion.

AMsMommy212
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Hopefully it's just the plan B pill making you late-- take a test, and go from there.. I can imagine the stress you're feeling!! I get like that every month around my period if I had sex, even though I use double protection! LOL

Best wishes fo you!

jasminesmom210
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I've had to take the plan b pill a few more times then i should ever have to take it, but its a good chance that you are just late bc of it, i remember when i took it a few times i was actually almost always a week late. and its also possibl that your late bc your stressing over it. Stress can also cause you to be late, i would not call him about this, bc you do not kno and then your makin him stress and worry about something that isn't even for sure. I would take a pregnancy test if its negative then your more then likely late from what i said. but honestly those plan b pills in my experience work pretty good, i would try not to stress it to much bc that can just prolong it. Good Luck

luvmykaitygrace
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Oh gosh girl! I've been there! I did end up being pregnant and I got an abortion. It sucks but it was still the best option for me at the time. I'd say get a test ASAP. The earlier  you are in your pregnancy the more options you have, like less expensive less traumatic ones. Good luck! Let us know what the test says.

Lorraina32
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM

well hun things happend it ours for reason if you already pregnant plan b wont work

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2010 at 1:55 AM

what would i do? go to the clinic. sorry ma'am. whatever you choose, i wish you the best.

QueenB36
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 1:03 AM

i forgot to update :) oops 

Im not pregnant, i ended up getting my period the morning after i went to pp and got a test.  I also 3 days later got Merina iud...so no more worries :) yay

butterfly on head

ProudSingleMum
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Good for you I guess? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)