Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Problems sharing my baby

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone have a hard time sharing their child? I hate sharing Jackson with his dad. I work full time and go to school so when I have free time I love to spend it with me child. All Jackson's dad wants him for is to take him to his church events to just show him off. He never just wants him at his house he just wants to take him places to show everyone that he's this great father!! When he's not he's the most selfish person I have ever met before in my life, even his best friend said that to me about him!!! UGH I just hate it!! Does anyone else feel this way?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AMsMommy212
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I used to.. and sometimes still do.. I hate that I work all day, the nights are usually hectic and then he gets to have a nice leisurely weekend with his Dad.. I feel like I miss out on a lot of the good days with him because I only get a couple whole days with him a month :-(

But then Iput myself in his Dad's shoes-- he doesnt get the little things like a kiss goodnight everynight (except the 4 days a month he's with his dad) or the joy of seeing his face light up when I show up at daycare in the afternoons,etc...

luvmykaitygrace
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I am not required to "share" my daughter as I have sole custody and her "father" doesn't have any visitation ordered. However, the thought of her going with him with out my supervision make my heart break. I don't know how you ladies do it! I was never good at sharing...only child syndrome. HAHA

ilovemylittoman
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM

i feel the same way! my ex and i have never been to court, and came up with our own 50/50 arrangement, but when holidays roll around it gets hectic because we both want to spend time with him. easter is going to be here soon and i'm dreading having to let him go with him (and his new pregnant gf) he doesn't bring him back on time either and when they have him on certain special days (like his birthday) i only got to see him for an hour because they took him out of town.. it sucks :(

single_and_preg
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:52 PM

MY sons father isnt involved at all, but If he was, then yeah i would definitely feel like you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)