Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there something wrong with me or something? UGH!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

I went to the zoo yesterday with a new friend. Im pretty recently seperated, going through a divorce, and trying to meet new people so that I dont sit home and wallow in self pity. Oh, and Im living with my parents again, and I have a 3 month old daughter.

I dont want another child right now. Not really. Its illogical, and Im happy with the ONE that I have, for at least the next couple years. And yet, at the zoo, there were TONS of pregnant women and I was jealous of every one of them. WHY??

Im thinking maybe its because now I have no one to have a child WITH, where I to want that. Or maybe its because they all had husbands who seemed to care about them? Idk. I dont want another child, and yet Im jealous of every pregnant tummy I see.

Has anyone else felt this? It seems so illogical...

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Ya I feel that way all the time. The last thing I need is to be pregnant, but when you see these happy pregnant ladies walking with their caring husbands, it's hard not to be jealous lol.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM

You are going through a ton of emotions with your divorce, and I know for me, it always seems like happy families are everywhere. I am done with having kids - but I sometimes get jealous as well. Mostly because I never had that happy, what a blessing kind of pregnancy.

by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM

My pregnancy wasnt happy either. I almost lost her, too many times to count, and we both barely made it out of the hospital alive. It was scary. I spent 7 months on bed rest.

I mean, I dont WANT another baby right now. MY baby is still a baby! I want to go back to school, finish my education, find a man who is right for me... then think about more kids. I just cant help being jealous.

I think youre right... it must be the "happy little family" thing.

by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM

its biology. when my kids were small i felt that way. now that they are big, plus add the baggage of raising them for years on my own, you couldnt pay me to carry another kid. when i see pregnant women i think, "better you than me!"

by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM

ps - good for you for leaving and dont worry i wont advertise that you are here.

by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Ive always felt jealous seeing happy families any where I went. Pregnant mamas or mamas with their kids. Maybe its like the pps said just knowing they have someone and I dont. Ive raised my girls alone for the past 6 yrs and the only time they get to do things with a "male figure" is when we hang out with my best friend.

It seems to get to me more when i know its daddy weekend for what seems like everyone elses kids except my own..

Id love to make my girls big sisters but I lack the partner to do that and I am very hesistant that i would end up doin it alone again which I do not want to ever do..So ur are in no way alone on ur feelings.. Im glad to know there are others that feel the same way I do

by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Thanks faerie75. I appreciate that. And leaving was the best decision. First court date is this friday. Ugh.

Im soooo glad Im not the only one feeling this way. It seems completely irrational. Somewhere down the road, I want more kids. When I find the right man. I thought I had, but that was obviously a wrong conclusion. Oh well. We're better off. :o)

by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I went through the same things- I had moments I was jealous about those happy couples snuggling up to the pregnant belly, or moments I wanted that happy family, or times I just wanted another baby- it all passed in time and I learned to be happy with what I have and realize that nuclear family or not- mine is special none-the-less.  You're just starting this whole cycle give yourself time to come to terms with it all.

Join us on The Single Moms Group  Group Mod

The public forum for Single Moms to get together for support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)