Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emotions and Life... ***an emotional vent*** PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

I don't know why I do this to myself... I start talking to a guy... things look like they can happen and SMACK the bastard is telling the same bullshit lines he said to me to another female and I guess he thinks I'm stupid and will never realize it!

Do I have pathetic, gullible, naive, and stupid wrote all over my face???

I would just once love to find a guy who is honest with me. Wants what I want.... and has no problem going the distance to prove himself to me.... I have no problem proving myself to someone but I want someone to prove to me that I'm not worthless. I'm doubting I'll ever find the one.... Two kids by two different fathers and the relationships failed horribly... 9 of the 10 serious or semi-serious relationships I have been in since my Sophomore year in high school have ended with the guy marrying the female he cheated on me with....

What am I doing wrong??? I give myself 150%... all I ask is for 100% of the person to be given to me... I understand other commitments... children, work, etc.... that doesn't bother me... I have kids, work, college... but I can still give all of me... all of my heart, etc... why am I not worthy of Love??? What the fuck have I done so wrong in my life that I can't get a man to love me and want to spend the rest of his life with me????

I know this is long... but I'm just sort of having an emotional breakdown right now.... I'm looking for advice only...

Feel free to ask questions... but don't bash please...

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:19 PM

BUMP!

skyelyns_mommie
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM

awww big hugs sweety i do feel for you!!!!! your not the only one and i wish i had the answer for you as to why men are pigs but i don't just keep your head up and hopfully the right guy will come along...if not you always have your kids

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM

sure.... but my kids are starting to ask me why I'm not married.... I told them I'm not ready..... they said "Yes you are mom... you are hot, beautiful, smart, and wonderful!" They want a father figure...

Quoting skyelyns_mommie:

awww big hugs sweety i do feel for you!!!!! your not the only one and i wish i had the answer for you as to why men are pigs but i don't just keep your head up and hopfully the right guy will come along...if not you always have your kids

lostmommy989
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:29 PM

It is only one guy in my life,aside from my sons. Guys to me always sound like they are trying out for a play or a part in some type of movie or theater. In all fairness, I do realize some guys are nervous, and may actually be genuine in what they are saying, maybe I am cynical, I really am not sure but it has been my experience, when men in your face too much,have entirely too much to say or in your face too much taking up personal space, too touchy- feely,blah,blah,blah, I mean, you know.......................

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I'm starting to wonder if they are seriously sincere or not.... really.... I tell guys all the time... if all you want is sex.... tell me... I'll make the decision on if I will have sex with you or not... if you want more.... be up front, honest and serious with me... don't bullshit your way around my life!

Quoting lostmommy989:

It is only one guy in my life,aside from my sons. Guys to me always sound like they are trying out for a play or a part in some type of movie or theater. In all fairness, I do realize some guys are nervous, and may actually be genuine in what they are saying, maybe I am cynical, I really am not sure but it has been my experience, when men in your face too much,have entirely too much to say or in your face too much taking up personal space, too touchy- feely,blah,blah,blah, I mean, you know.......................

skyelyns_mommie
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM

wow i really don't know hon.... i'm still looking myself and i've tried eharmony but their are jerks there so all i can say is keep hoping.... you are beautiful no matter what and you will find someone i just wish i could say when

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:54 AM

you  know it's starting to be I don't want to know when it's going to happen.... I just want to finally find a QUALITY guy... I know all guys have their flaws just like I do... but I just want an all around quality guy who isn't fake!

Quoting skyelyns_mommie:

wow i really don't know hon.... i'm still looking myself and i've tried eharmony but their are jerks there so all i can say is keep hoping.... you are beautiful no matter what and you will find someone i just wish i could say when

NateysMama
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:04 AM

good luck finding that quality guy, im not even 24 and ive given up. i cant even bother to attempt to love anyone or be in a relationship at all because all my past ones didnt work, makes me think all the future ones wont either. so i just gave up and i am a happily single mama. i have my fun from time to time. if i want sex i can go have sex, but me and relationships just dont work. i work better as friends with benefits haha. 

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:13 AM

I can't even do the FWB's... I start getting attached and feelings develope.... grrrr it sucks!

Quoting NateysMama:

good luck finding that quality guy, im not even 24 and ive given up. i cant even bother to attempt to love anyone or be in a relationship at all because all my past ones didnt work, makes me think all the future ones wont either. so i just gave up and i am a happily single mama. i have my fun from time to time. if i want sex i can go have sex, but me and relationships just dont work. i work better as friends with benefits haha. 

Singlemomks
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I felt this exact same way when I left my ex. That was almost 5 years ago. Before I left I had decided that it was better to be alone than to be treated like shit. When I did leave - I thought what the hell is wrong with me??

Over the last 5 years - I have come to the conclusion that I had a part in the reason my relationships fail. In order to have a good one - I needed to address those issues before I could even start looking. It is not easy to really look inside yourself and acknowledge your part in how things have worked out - it was something that took me many months and much effort to do.

In the end - it boiled down to me being unwilling to repeat past mistakes. Over the last 5 years, I have made great strides in boosting my self esteem and finding things that give me joy - outside of my kids and having a man. I volunteer, I regularly attend church, I have made an effort to do new things that put me in a place that get me outside of my pretty isolated existance.

At this point - I am very content with where my life is right now. It's not perfect, I am not dating, and I still have things I want to improve for myself - but that is part of being on the journey of life. I have avoided having crappy men for the last few years - and it is wonderful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)