Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating Frustration

Posted by on May. 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was dating a guy that I had known back in gradeschool/highschool and anytime we would get clsoe to the "commitment" time, he would jump ship stating that he couldn't take on the responsibility of dating someone with an ex-husband and a child. So although I knew he was not right for me and I tried to move on, I remained friends with him. Today, his facebook status changed from single to "in a relationship" with a girl that has a child the same age as my son. I congratulated him and said I was happy but in reality I feel hurt. Why is her "circumstances" ok but my similar, if not the same, are not. It frustrated me to say the least. 

On a happy note... I just put a deposit down on my own apartment. I move on June 15th. Independence feels great!

Ashley

by on May. 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momof2MixdBoyz
by on May. 1, 2010 at 8:12 PM

do you live with your parent's? Maybe that could be the reason.... just saying because that was the reason for a couple guys not wanting to move forward with me before....

Keep positive though... things will turn around.... either he will realize you are the one or you will find the right one!!! Either way keep your head up girl....

nica22
by on May. 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Dont even worry. Its crazy how he goes for another girl with the same circumstances, but it's mostly because you guys weren't meant for each other anyways. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. My oldest sons dad was mad with me because i had a child by another guy when we were separated. Im  not with the other guy anymore and now im a single mother of two boys. He hates that my other child is someone else's, although he has a girlfriend now with a child, whose of course not his. is dosent make sense to me either, but what dosent kill us will only make us stronger, so the right guy will love you and your child like his own :)

JaydensMommy930
by on May. 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM

To be perfectly honest, it seems like his whole "I can't take on the responsibility of dating someone with an ex-husband and a child" excuse was bull shit. He was too much of a coward to admit that he just doesn't think you're the right woman for him. Truth be told, if he REALLY cared about you, he would not let the ex-husband/child circumstance stop him from being with you.

You deserve better!!

Kissybratzmom
by on May. 1, 2010 at 9:30 PM

That's what it sounds like to me too. You can do better! Congrats on getting your own apartment!

Quoting JaydensMommy930:

To be perfectly honest, it seems like his whole "I can't take on the responsibility of dating someone with an ex-husband and a child" excuse was bull shit. He was too much of a coward to admit that he just doesn't think you're the right woman for him. Truth be told, if he REALLY cared about you, he would not let the ex-husband/child circumstance stop him from being with you.

You deserve better!!

CorrinaWithrow
by on May. 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I agree w/ the other ladies. He just didn't think you were the girl for him and gave you a cheap excuse. Try not to take it personally, it wasn't you who was the coward.

Ashley.N.Ford
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Thank you everybody... I still feel a bit down about it. I guess between my ex-husband cheating on me and now this, it is hard not to take it personally. I'm ready to find a good healthy happy relationship... I'm really tired of the games and getting hurt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)