Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you shop for clothes?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:00 AM
  • 20 Replies

I will confess it has been a great long time since I've shopped, I have gotten a few t-shirts from Old Navy but I'm looking to get a few more things, maybe even a skirt or dress (cotton to about the knees- I'm not the showy type).  I was wondering, where do you shop for yourself?  I don't want to sweat to death this summer and so I'm thinking it's time to look around.

Join us on The Single Moms Group  Group Mod

The public forum for Single Moms to get together for support.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SillyJessi
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:09 AM

I shop thrift stores mostly...  I find great stuff, really cute all the time.

I just found a little green and pink plaid cotton summer dress a few weeks ago - I LOVE that dress!  It's my favorite find so far.  I also find TONS of great skirts all the time, I coordinate them to wear with my 7 favorite tank tops (black, purple, yellow, red, etc).

Mostly pick light cottons, muslin, linen, silk, and other natural (breathable) fibers.  I can't ever afford to shop brand new, so I am always excited to find super cool stuff.  Hope this helps a little!

*extra tip:  I always ask the universes for special favor when I go shopping lol.  "Please please, be there something Just for ME!"  I have eclectic taste, and seem always to find that one thing that calls my name...  or screams it in multicolors and geometric design lol...  It just doesn't happen for me anywhere else.  It's pretty magical.  :P

Kissybratzmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I really like Kohls and Penney's. When they have good sales I can get stuff that's cheaper (and cuter) then I can get at Walmart, Target, etc. Kohls will often times have stuff on clearance up to80-90% off. I get a lot of the kids clothes there at the end of the seasons dirt cheap!

jeepingirrl
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:16 AM

I pretty much only shop Old Navy. I have gone to Kohls but it just seems to hard to find anything there. The Kohls by me seems to have NO orginization in the store. But I know a lot of my friends shop there and love it.

LA09TKP
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:25 AM

I shop at PacSun when i have the money, But the other day I went to TJMaxx, for the first time ever, and totally fell inlove. lol. I got a really cute pair of pink plaid tennis shoes for 20 bucks. and my dd a whole 2 outfits for like 8. so yeah, were good with TJMaxx. lol

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Honestly... I shop Kohls, Pennys and Walmart in off season for all the clothes coming up in seasons ahead.... why? they are usually 75% off I can spend $100 on me and the two boys and walk out with almost a whole new wardrobe... shorts, skirts, shirts, tanks, dresses, etc.... that's the best time for me to shop....

single_and_preg
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:56 AM

I like victorias secret.com clothes, they have alot of nice tops.

gabbyem22
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM

I went to TJ Maxx and Ross yesterday and revamped my entire wardrobe...those places are awesome!

DomiRocks1986
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Thrift Stores, and ebay, I haven't gone shopping in ages and don't like BIG stores, so I went wardrobe shopping :) 

tyfry7496
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I shop for myself at JcPenney. For my son, I go to Old Navy. Aeropastle and JcPenney.

kcook55
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:49 AM

i shop at walmart or second hand stores do the same for the kids also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)