Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name something about yourself that you are proud of...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

As single moms, we get down a lot because of the stress and how hard it can be, losing our patience, dealing with exes, etc. So let's all take a minute to name something good in your life (besides your kids!) and something you are proud of in your life.

For me, my ex was dead weight who abused me and took advantage of me financially. Every day since I left him is a struggle, financially and emotionally... but I am proud of the fact that I have a good job (RN), I bought my own house a few months ago, and I am supporting and raising my daughter on my own. I never thought I could accomplish half of what I did without a husband.. but I'm doing it every day.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellynn81
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:59 AM

That I love my job and it gives me an outlet to socialize. That I will be going back to college in the fall. That I now find time to read.

tyfry7496
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I am raising my son by myself, working and going to school fulltime. I am on the Dean's List and I am back in school at 38 years old and doing amazing. I have a respectful, polite and well behaved teenager.

sandie66
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I am so proud of myself for actually being able to work 40+ hours a week, take care of my kids and home, and attend college full time!! ZTen or even 20 years ago, I would have attended a few classes and then dropped out. This time I am doing it come hell or high water!!!

Momyplease
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I proud of my strength that i can carry on after my husband past away and can support my son on my own with little difficulty. And also that my son is recovering nicely from the horrible event that took place. I thank god every day for all those things.

Momyplease
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Quoting sandie66:

I am so proud of myself for actually being able to work 40+ hours a week, take care of my kids and home, and attend college full time!! ZTen or even 20 years ago, I would have attended a few classes and then dropped out. This time I am doing it come hell or high water!!!

I want to go back to collage to be a nurse. How do you do the schedule . I work from 9am til 7pm. and daycare only until 8:30 pm. What is your schedule?

sandie66
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I work 8-5:30ish. Class starts at 6. I go 3X a week. My mom picks up my daughter from school and will usually feed her dinner and then take her home to my 16 year old son who watches her till I get home. Next semester I go to 4 nights a week until I graduate next March. More than anything it's just tiring. Schedule-wise it's not so bad.

Quoting Momyplease:

Quoting sandie66:

I want to go back to collage to be a nurse. How do you do the schedule . I work from 9am til 7pm. and daycare only until 8:30 pm. What is your schedule?

mpm915
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I am proud of myself for finally leaving that boy who cheated on me with men and women, got another girl pregnant, caused me to get fired... I could go on.  But I finally cut the ties, and I'm raising my son completely on my own, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I just got accepted into an RN school, I'll be starting in the fall.  I'm proud that I have my own business so I can stay at home with my son.  Life isn't easy as a single Mom, but it's never been better!  :)

Annette74
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Well I have a great ability to adapt, and overcome...I have been through sooo much in my 36 years. Literally just about anything...and I have overcome it. I am trying to get my associates degree and am proud of that too!! big smile mini

proud_momma15
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM

outside of my daughter, im proud of my work/accomplishes (thus far) with my horses & barrel racing. tho' im goin to persue to go farther i think ive done good. and im glad i still get to have my horses even with my daughter. (and glad she's lovin them at 11months! haha **mommas lil cowgirl**)

jessarendt22
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Im a compassionate person . so many people arent and its really sad. I believe in being compassionate and empathetic to people from all walks of life, it feels good to do acts of kindness or just a smile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)