Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i did it!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM
  • 8 Replies

i have almost made it the whole month without ANY child support . i asked him to please borrow $100 from some one though because the boys need shoes.

(my ex got laid off, for those that dont know)

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luvmykaitygrace
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Congrats! I am like you too. I strive to not ever count on CS so I'm not devastated when he decides to do something stupid and quit or get fired. But since he had his third kid he's been really good about working his ass off.

MIMIBRIE
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Wow Good job! I wish I didnt need my CS but i do.. And the sad thing about it is I make not even 100 dollars more a week than what i get in child support per week..

AMsMommy212
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM

that's great!

mudd_girly
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM

consider yourselves lucky girls...at least you get child support even if it is only every once in a while. i havn't seen a dime of child support and i filed when my son was 4 months old. he owes over 4000 now and no ones seems to be doing much about it. he lives in michigan and i live in ohio so hes just never showed up to court. ive been fighting them to do something about it and now i had to make my case interstate which they told me takes up to 9 months to even do...geez. he has another child in the county he lives who he pays child support for so im hoping since hes already got a case there they will be able to do it all quicker. its been a pain in my rear though more than anything.

Iamme21
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Good for you. I try to always make it without CS cause I never when it is coming and this way when I do get some it is like a bonus for the kids.

.Tiggeroo87.
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM

That's prolly how it's gonna be for me.

Quoting Iamme21:

Good for you. I try to always make it without CS cause I never when it is coming and this way when I do get some it is like a bonus for the kids.

tyfry7496
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Congrats!! Ihaven't relied on child support in 13 years and I will NEVER rely on it, not a guaranteed income. Just because it's court ordered doesn't mean the sperm donor has to pay it.

jeepingirrl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Way to go! I am trying to prepare myself for no CS....my ex's unemployment runs out in a month.....it is scary! He is not at all trying to find a job either....kinda pisses me off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)