Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Job searching....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

I hate job searching! BLAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What sites do you use? Do you look in the paper? How do you find a job?

I've determined I MUST find a new one so please help me!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Tiggeroo87.
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I use Workopolis. All University of Manitoba students get an access code to sign up. Nothing ever interests me. They all list call center jobs. I would hate to work in a call center, lol.

single_and_preg
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM

i looked in the paper alot, they have alot of office jobs.

Tashia07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Honestly Craigslist and my local paper's website.

Heather04ny
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:50 PM

careerbuilder.. i also look at a local college's website because they post jobs all the time!!

Mashelli
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I'm a career coach so I can definitely help you out on that!  My favorite site of all times is "www.indeed.com" it  basically searches through all other websites and it gives you the results on keywords you have submitted and distance chosen.  I also like craigslist, you will mainly find small companies there since it's cheap to post.  There are specialied sites depending on your field, so I wouldn't be able to comment on that unless I knew what kind of job you're looking for. 

If you guys have any specific questions or if you'd like me to take a look at your resume just shoot me a message and I'll be glad to do so :)

CHDMommy3
by on May. 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM

You should look at careerbuilders.com or monster.com

Be careful with craigslist.com I have had multiple interviews from that site but I have also had alot of requests for my credit check or background check which is a SCAM! 

Hang in there it is tough out there for many of us.

jeepingirrl
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I work at a Michigan Works office and im telling ya the job market is a tough one right now. We tell all our clients to check the local newspaper sites, the usuals like monster and careerbuilders. And like Mashelli said, indeed is a good one. Good luck with the search!

lashonda28
by on May. 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Hi, some of my favorite job search methods: craigslist, indeed, careerbuilder and monster.

Lashonda Holley

http://www.greatcareersathome.com
http://www.shondasonlinedeals.blogspot.com 

"You can have everything in life that you want if you help enough other people get what they want." Zig Ziglar
hayliedlr
by on May. 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM

monster, snagajob, careerbuilder, bestjobsusa, jobweb, hotjobs, careerdepot.... all dot coms

hayliedlr
by on May. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM

yeah i work outta there except i am a job searcher.  been on the program 7 wks now and nothing.  if ya gotta job keep it until ya got another one lined up is what i was told

Quoting jeepingirrl:

I work at a Michigan Works office and im telling ya the job market is a tough one right now. We tell all our clients to check the local newspaper sites, the usuals like monster and careerbuilders. And like Mashelli said, indeed is a good one. Good luck with the search!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)