Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BULL EFFIN SH@@@

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

So I am supposed to get vacation time every 1500 hours I work. WELLLLLLLL, nooooooooo. It's after 1500 hours and then 2080 hours after that! WTF way to reward loyalty to your freking company make we wait longer to a vacation from this fucking bullshit dead end job gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:26 PM

maybe its a mistake, have you called HR and asked?

luvmykaitygrace
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Yes, that's how I just found out. I called to see when my 1500 hours was up and they were like no no. It's 1500 hours the first vacation then it's a full year from there.

And not to mention this company offers no other benefits than this, not medical, 401k nothing, this is the only one!

Quoting faerie75:

maybe its a mistake, have you called HR and asked?

tyfry7496
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Be grateful that you even have a job. There are millions of people without a job.

luvmykaitygrace
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I was at first but now i feel like i'm traped in hell. It isnt a real job it's a temp job.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Be grateful that you even have a job. There are millions of people without a job.

AMsMommy212
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Awww Im sorry.. How much vacation do you get for the 1500 hours? are you working full-time? That's only like 37 weeks working full-time (40 hrs/wk),  so not even a year. 2080 is a year @ full-time which is pretty standard.

AMsMommy212
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:39 PM

no offense but I really dislike when people respond like this... I am grateful for my job.. just like im grateful for my child-- but that doesnt mean things about either of them don't irritate me, you know?

Quoting tyfry7496:

luvmykaitygrace
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:46 PM

5 days. It's a permanent temp job, if that makes any sence. I took a vacation in Aug last year but it was before my 1500 hours and I cashed out vacation time like the last week of
Aug. So I can't cash out until Sep and my vacation is supposed to be at the end of July. So now I'm going to have to take it with out pay and I will have NO spending money at all. BTW I'm not paying for the vacation, my dad pays for me to come see them. I don't get any sick time either. It really sucks.

Quoting AMsMommy212:

Awww Im sorry.. How much vacation do you get for the 1500 hours? are you working full-time? That's only like 37 weeks working full-time (40 hrs/wk),  so not even a year. 2080 is a year @ full-time which is pretty standard.

luvmykaitygrace
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Yeah, but it's gotten to the point where this job stresses me out so much I would almost be better off with out it. It's taking a huge toll on my health and just over all demeanor. I'm totally miserable here but I have not been able to find anything else!

Quoting AMsMommy212:

no offense but I really dislike when people respond like this... I am grateful for my job.. just like im grateful for my child-- but that doesnt mean things about either of them don't irritate me, you know?

Quoting tyfry7496:

AMsMommy212
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:51 PM

yeah that does suck that you were under the pretense that you'd be eligible earlier, Im in a similar boat, my vaca time doesnt come until August, and I want to use a few days this summer-- but my Dad's the boss so I'm sure he'll front me a couple days ;)

Quoting luvmykaitygrace:

5 days. It's a permanent temp job, if that makes any sence. I took a vacation in Aug last year but it was before my 1500 hours and I cashed out vacation time like the last week of
Aug. So I can't cash out until Sep and my vacation is supposed to be at the end of July. So now I'm going to have to take it with out pay and I will have NO spending money at all. BTW I'm not paying for the vacation, my dad pays for me to come see them. I don't get any sick time either. It really sucks.

Quoting AMsMommy212:

jeepingirrl
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Im sure she is grateful she has a job....but a company should also be grateful they have dedicated employees......and should treat them accordingly.

I can not stand busnisses that treat their employees like shit. I mean really......where would they be without the people working to get them there? Amazing.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)