Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I introduce the new man in my life to my children??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

My husband and I have been apart for a year in June.  I feel confident and over him.  I feel very secure in the fact that I could date someone now and have it not be a rebound.

AND no sooner did I come to that conclusion that I pretty much met prince charming lol.  We get along amazingly well and we have been seeing eachother 2-3 times a week for a month now.... He has not met any of my kids except for my oldest (3 year old) for a few hours.  I want to start introducing him to all of the my children (I have 3. 3 year old, 2 yr old, and a 1 yr old).

I was thinking maybe a zoo visit??  But than what??  I want to gradually introduce them on him for my kids sake and for the fact that he is 32 and has no children.... 3 is a handful!

Any suggestions on fun group activities?? So ya know they aren't bawling the whole time and they can get to know each other on good terms first?? lol

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Chanel5nyc
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:06 AM

The zoo sounds good. Then maybe you can cook dinner and he can get to know your kids during DINNER TIME.

AMsMommy212
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

The zoo sounds good. Then maybe you can cook dinner and he can get to know your kids during DINNER TIME.

that is not easing him in!  at least not at my house! lol

But seriously, I think the Zoo might be a little hectic.. I went recently with 2 2year olds and 4 adults and it was pretty hectic, after a while my son was cranky but didnt want the stroller-- the kids had more fun running around in a grassy area by a pond than actually doing the zoo--- I would take them to a park or something-- where there can be more interaction (playing ball, pushing on the swings, etc..) once the kids are comfortable with him, or free play if they aren't quite ready.. a little picnic lunch or something for some calm time-- But that's just a suggestion from my POV :)

Chanel5nyc
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Quoting AMsMommy212:

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

that is not easing him in!  at least not at my house! lol

But seriously, I think the Zoo might be a little hectic.. I went recently with 2 2year olds and 4 adults and it was pretty hectic, after a while my son was cranky but didnt want the stroller-- the kids had more fun running around in a grassy area by a pond than actually doing the zoo--- I would take them to a park or something-- where there can be more interaction (playing ball, pushing on the swings, etc..) once the kids are comfortable with him, or free play if they aren't quite ready.. a little picnic lunch or something for some calm time-- But that's just a suggestion from my POV :)

lol. In my house dinner time is calm. My kids love food and they patiently wait for their food. But after dinner is back to chaos. Lol.

But the park and picinic idea sounds good.

AMsMommy212
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

lol. In my house dinner time is calm. My kids love food and they patiently wait for their food. But after dinner is back to chaos. Lol.

But the park and picinic idea sounds good.

Once we're AT the table it's usually alright but the whole preparation period is insane because he wants me to play, and get him a snack, and something to drink, and see what Im doing, and go outside, etc etc etc.. LOL fits ensue-- it's just not fun. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)