Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whoa-- ladies, Do we need a group hug!?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

There has been quite a bit of cattiness going down the past few days. Let's try to remember that

1) It's OK to disagree!!! Do not expect that everyone will just agree with you and get catty when people ask questions, or differ from your opinion.

2) when responding with an opposing opinion--remember to be as respectful as possible-- if you start using words like "stupid" that's gets people on the defense REAL Quick:: then drama ensues

We all love this group for the LACK of drama-- I'd love to see it stay that way.

K, thanks <3 <3

group hug

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luvmykaitygrace
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM

it hink some ppl post things on purpose because they knw others will say something so they can get their argue on. whatever floats their boat. lol

Kissybratzmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I know what post you're referring to by the "stupid" reference. She didn't need to call anyone stupid or retarded just because we had different opinions then her. I stated my opinion, and that was that. I wasn't going to stoop to her level and call names and make immature replies back.

MamaFLgurl
by Lucas' mama on May. 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM

It does seem there is some drama going on in the group, my post on "what you would name you baby" went down the road of a little drama, which was not what I wanted at all, it was a all in fun post. I don't like drama online or in real life.

ame4c
by Group Admin on May. 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Maybe, I would have to say I did use the word stupid resently (wasn't in this group) but it was because someone was being rude to another poster.  I thought this site was for support and uplifting of others, not to condemn and bash them.

I think some people just think their stuff doesn't stink and they can bash anyone.

group hug I feel better :D

ame4c

Please check out my group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Moms_from_Dysfunctional_Families

jeepingirrl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I agree...the past few days it seems there are some people that are just insistent on not playing nice, lol

AMsMommy212
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Quoting MamaFLgurl:

It does seem there is some drama going on in the group, my post on "what you would name you baby" went down the road of a little drama, which was not what I wanted at all, it was a all in fun post. I don't like drama online or in real life.

I know, I was so suprised to see it happen in such an innocent post! lol How does the "what does single mother mean to you" stay calm with all those opinions flying around, but your post goes crazy for a minute? LOL

msdlm937
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM

I think sometimes a person responds and words is poorly and that's what gets a lot of people upset and defensive. There was a post today (not in this group) that I understood what she was trying to say, but the way she worded it rubbed me the wrong way.

But  I agree. We are all adult women. We shouldn't have to resort to name calling when we don't agree with something. I have diarrhea of the mouth really bad, but I try to keep it in check. But for someone to have so much time on their hands that they think it's funny to start a post purely for drama is sad.

This group rocks though!

HeartsLove
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I didn't read the baby name post, but I think mine stays calm because I flat out asked "What's YOUR definition", instead of telling everyone that MINE was the only one to have...

Quoting AMsMommy212:

Quoting MamaFLgurl:

I know, I was so suprised to see it happen in such an innocent post! lol How does the "what does single mother mean to you" stay calm with all those opinions flying around, but your post goes crazy for a minute? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)