Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blahh

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

Days like today make being a single mom suck. I keep seeing commercials for the St Louis zoo and would just love to take the kids for a weekend. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive so I would need a rental car and a hotel room. Not to mention the parking fee, admission, and food and drinks for the day. Blahhh.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jeepingirrl
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Can you maybe get friends or relatives to go and split the cost of like the room and carpool? When I take the kids to the zoo I always pack lunches because the food at the zoo is way to expensive.....and it is not even all that good.

Mia1983
by on May. 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Quoting jeepingirrl:

Can you maybe get friends or relatives to go and split the cost of like the room and carpool? When I take the kids to the zoo I always pack lunches because the food at the zoo is way to expensive.....and it is not even all that good.

I agree...it's a good idea to pack a lunch instead.  Also, do you find that outings like that can be overwhelming?  Sometimes I want to take the kids for trips like that, but handling my one and three year old on that type of outing is nearly impossible.  That's why I think it may be a good idea to maybe get a friend to go with you.

Kissybratzmom
by on May. 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I actually talked to my mom about it and we may go when she's on vacation this summer. She has a newer car and we could split the costs for the hotel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)