• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday food, I need ideas

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM
  • 3 Replies

I know it shouldn't be such a hard thing, but I'm just bored of the same foods. My DD turns 4 on June 7th. So far all I know I'm having is turkey burgers. Probably hot dogs too. I wanna make fresh fruit salad but don't have a recipe for something yummy to put on it, like I wanna make up a thin honey glaze to mix in it but the only recipe I know of has alcohol in it. We're having cupcakes, probably no ice cream.

What fun, fairly easy, non-traditional foods do you have for birthday parties?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM

i use a combo of standbys and og stuff. i like to make taco dip (layer of beans, layer of seasoned ground beef, layer of guac, layer of sour cream, layer of cheese, layer of pico de gallo) with chips. as long as i am serving chips i also serve artichoke dip and sometimes shrimp ceviche.

a healthy thing my fam often serves is a grape tomato, a mozzerella ball, and a fresh basil on a tooth pick. we set it near a loaf of sliced baguette and a dipping saucer of balsamic.

we also like taquitos, broccoli salad, potato salad, stuff like that. lil smokies in a crock w bbq sauce too.

Kissybratzmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I can't think of any non traditional things. We're pretty basic. Sandwiches, macaroni & potato salad, chips, etc. What about a fruit pizza of some sort?

jeepingirrl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:12 PM

My son turns 4 on June 5th :)

I always do a BBQ for his birthday. For appatizers I have taco bites (ground chuck with ortega taco sauce, put it in tostidos scoops, put cheese on and melt...so good!), chips and dip, bbq hamburgers and hot dogs, boneless skinless chicken breast cooked in the slow cooker with italian dressing and of course cupcakes and ice cream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)