• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do i have to leave this group?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: do you want me to/think i should leave?

Options:

yes

no

other plz explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

when my dd was born my bf and i broke up after about 4 or 5 months apart i started "talking" to another guy and when bd found out he wanted to make it work he said we only got in 2 fights and he thought i blew it outta proportion. (they were both screaming fights and both in front of our VERY young newborn) i kinda agreed we had always tried harder so i stopped talking to the new guy and started talking to bd. well he lived an 1 1/2 hours away and was still in school we got back together when dd was 10 months old. i moved up to be closer to him and we are now expecting #2(not planned). but we still dont live together he gives me 250 a week, and our relationship is good, but like i said we don't live together. he has a year left of school and is here about 3 hours a day normally to watch dd (i work from home.)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM

so ur technically not in a relationship relationship? well than why leave and besides i sure dont care if u were to get married and stay in the group. U were a single mommy and can give advice to us and also keep telling us our guy is out there just waiting for us.

Tashia07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM

you may have some advice that could help another mama....

bluebunbun
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM

yeah we are together he got me a promise ring lol cheesy i know but we still have a lot to work on b4 thinking about marriage. thank you :)

Quoting Jenn8604:

so ur technically not in a relationship relationship? well than why leave and besides i sure dont care if u were to get married and stay in the group. U were a single mommy and can give advice to us and also keep telling us our guy is out there just waiting for us.

Ms.Upinyourface
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I think you are still single. Sure you are getting some support, but that is not the same as having a partner that is there and sharing the burden for real. (He sounds promising...and I am hoping for the best for you)

When you are co-parenting, married, living with a childs father, then you are not a single mother. Even if you live with a 'guy' who is not one of your childrens fathers, you are still a single mother.

To break that single mother status, in my opinion, it takes a man with a pair on duty for the family.

All others are just one step up from b.o.b.

Head of household is about who is in charge. And males under the roof, or covers do not assume the position of head of household until, by golly, they do.

Who is not a single mother is the mom who is married to a man. When HE is not around she imaybe a solo parenting spouse (or something) but that income, that relationship with her and her children is what distinquishes her from a single mom.

Stay until you do change your status. Lets have a celebration . It will be wonderful as time goes by and you make your plans. Then maybe visit as a former single mom.

How does it feel thinking about not being a single mom? I have not had that experiance and I am so curious about how it feels to you.

bluebunbun
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

honestly i still feel single.....he doesn't fully understand what it is to be a full time dad.  it makes me sad for both of them because he really does try. he doesn't help make decisions for her we went to a daycare today i asked him before we went what are some good questions to ask and he couldn't even come up with any....i'll have to wait at least a year to understand a full partner....

Quoting Ms.Upinyourface:

I think you are still single. Sure you are getting some support, but that is not the same as having a partner that is there and sharing the burden for real. (He sounds promising...and I am hoping for the best for you)

When you are co-parenting, married, living with a childs father, then you are not a single mother. Even if you live with a 'guy' who is not one of your childrens fathers, you are still a single mother.

To break that single mother status, in my opinion, it takes a man with a pair on duty for the family.

All others are just one step up from b.o.b.

Head of household is about who is in charge. And males under the roof, or covers do not assume the position of head of household until, by golly, they do.

Who is not a single mother is the mom who is married to a man. When HE is not around she imaybe a solo parenting spouse (or something) but that income, that relationship with her and her children is what distinquishes her from a single mom.

Stay until you do change your status. Lets have a celebration . It will be wonderful as time goes by and you make your plans. Then maybe visit as a former single mom.

How does it feel thinking about not being a single mom? I have not had that experiance and I am so curious about how it feels to you.

Kissybratzmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I voted no. You don't live together and share financial costs like rent, elec, cable, etc etc

jeepingirrl
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

No, I don't think you should leave....

MaturingMommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM

if yr raising your daughter alone, and your with her the majority of the time w/o help thn no you shouldnt have to leave...

tyfry7496
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Why would you have to leave the group? You are still a single mom and even if you weren't a single mom, I would have no problem with you staying.

bluebunbun
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:10 PM

thank you my so saw i was on here and was asking lol and i know some people can get crabby on here....(at least one person said i should....she just didn't say why?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)