Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: How many men (if you only slept with the dad say 1) did you sleep with a month before & after you conceived your child? (If more than one kid go with whatever number is the largest- ie: if for the second child you slept with two men, say 2)

Options:

Only 1- the father

6- or more

Don't know

None- adopted or artificially impregnanted

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

So having been through the child support loop a bit I had to fill out the forms, one of the questions is something to the affect of how many men have you slept with in the month before or after conception.  For me the answer was - just the father but I'm wondering if there are any gals that actually had more than one option (since it's on there I'm guessing it means someone fits that category)

So where are you in that?  Did you feel you knew who the father really was?  Did you just get a DNA test to figure it out?  How did you handle that?

Join us on The Single Moms Group  Group Mod

The public forum for Single Moms to get together for support.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmykaitygrace
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I knew 200% who the father was. Funny he still didn't think she was his... He was the only person I was with for 9 months before I got pregnant and I didn't sleep with anyone else until she was 6 months.

Tashia07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I had a FWB when I met my son's father.  We had seen each other probably two or three days before I slept with my son's father.  I was pretty sure of who fathered my child, even prior to taking the DNA test.  My FWB and I always used a condom and never had any mishaps with them.  Well obviously the condom didn't work so well with his after. The condom actually broke inside of me... it felt like five rubber bands snapping at once!

Tashia07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

LOL..... 200%..... I see we are using that Maury Math!!!!

Quoting luvmykaitygrace:

I knew 200% who the father was. Funny he still didn't think she was his... He was the only person I was with for 9 months before I got pregnant and I didn't sleep with anyone else until she was 6 months.

calgalmeg
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM

That must have been awkward- my cousin's wife had something like that happen I guess.  All I knew was she had to have two guys take a DNA test because she didn't know which one was the father.  I cannot imagine having to have that conversation- it must have sucked.

Quoting Tashia07:

I had a FWB when I met my son's father.  We had seen each other probably two or three days before I slept with my son's father.  I was pretty sure of who fathered my child, even prior to taking the DNA test.  My FWB and I always used a condom and never had any mishaps with them.  Well obviously the condom didn't work so well with his after. The condom actually broke inside of me... it felt like five rubber bands snapping at once!

AMsMommy212
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

just the father-- we had been together for a year, I never cheated.. and he never tried to deny AM was his

ambie1983
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Just one for me. But you'd be surprised at how many ppl don't know who the daddy is. I know a few who don't know who the father is. They don't even bother with child support cause they don't know how to reach the guys!

luvmykaitygrace
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM

That just happened to me. It sucks big time. OUCH. I thought something on ME broke! I was a little panicked at first that he was going to pull out and there was going to be blood or something everwhere. But it was okay. I am on the pill too so it wasn't a big deal that it broke.

Quoting Tashia07:

Singlemomks
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Only the dads (I have two kids), but I know what you mean, they really make you question yourself on those forms lol. Both of my kids - it was mandetory to have a DNA test before child support could be enforced, they make sure they are going after the right guy.

calgalmeg
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:54 PM

It was so humiliating filling out those forms, "how long have you know X..."  "when did you first have sex with X..."  "do you have any witnesses or proof that you had a relationship with X..."  it's just horrid I almost cried filling it all out back in the day.  As if it is my government's business!  I gave a name, I was willing to do a DNA test- why should I have to answer all that?  

Quoting Singlemomks:

Only the dads (I have two kids), but I know what you mean, they really make you question yourself on those forms lol. Both of my kids - it was mandetory to have a DNA test before child support could be enforced, they make sure they are going after the right guy.

AMsMommy212
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Seriously!?? That is crazy!

Quoting calgalmeg:

It was so humiliating filling out those forms, "how long have you know X..."  "when did you first have sex with X..."  "do you have any witnesses or proof that you had a relationship with X..."  it's just horrid I almost cried filling it all out back in the day.  As if it is my government's business!  I gave a name, I was willing to do a DNA test- why should I have to answer all that?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)