Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two questions... I'm curious

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:11 AM
  • 36 Replies

1.  What do you think is the BEST part of being a single parent?

2.  What do you think is the WORST part of being a single parent?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellynn81
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Quoting RycheBabe:

1.  What do you think is the BEST part of being a single parent?

Not being in a bad relationship. The feeling of independence.

2.  What do you think is the WORST part of being a single parent?

Not really worst but hardest is dealing with the ex and having to 'share' my child. Thankfully that has been getting easier.

The worst would be the stress over money.  A two-income household would make things easier.

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:15 AM

1. I love making all the decisions and doing what I want. I also love getting all the hugs, kisses, and I love yous!!

2. The financial aspect, at the moment. I have decided to change that and go back to school so I can do better for my kids, and myself.

KimGsMommi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:18 AM

1. The best to me(as my kids dad is NOT in the picture) is not having to share them with anyone. I can make all the decisions regarding everything, and not have to worry about fighting with someone over those decisions.

2. The worst, like someone else said, to me is financial. I have a child support order, but he doesn't pay, and never has. Sooo, it's all on me. but like PP said, I decided to go to school to change it, so go us!!

ProudSingleMum
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Quoting RycheBabe:

1.  What do you think is the BEST part of being a single parent?Getting to have my son all to myself.

2.  What do you think is the WORST part of being a single parent? Not having help.

RycheBabe
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:35 AM

I think I see a pattern here!  Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer, I appreciate it. 

I'll check again in a day or two so those who haven't posted yet... what are you waiting for???

RycheBabe
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:35 AM

BUMP!

jenniepepsi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM

1) i dont have to make sure that my partner and i agree on how to raise my daughter. NO ONE tells me how to do it. i make all the decisions 100% (aside from my damn mother,father,sister,brother,sisterinlaw, but thats another story, and as soon as i graduate, ill be out of this damn abusive household)

2) im all alone...which means no love for me (outside of my DD of course) and no intamacy, and no partner to help with the difficult times.

RycheBabe
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 AM

What the hell is a BUMP???????????confused

momoftwins_3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:41 AM
the best is not having to share my kids or discuss how to raise them. the worst is not having help or getting a break. i'm with my children 24/7, they even follow me to the bathroom, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:44 AM

the best thing is not being treated like a slave, and the worst is the unpredictability.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)