Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what r u looking for?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
I was curious to know, what do you really look for in a man?

I'm a very strong minded, independent woman. And of course I want my SO to respect that. But I would also like for him to be that way to. A man who can hold their own and pull their own weight. Someone who COULD provide for the family solo if it came down to that. I've always been the one who wears the pants in the relationship, makes more money, remembers things for the BOTH of us... at least for me, it gets old. I'm tired of being the one that always holds things together, and the one in control. I wish I could find someone who I can trust to take the reigns sometimes, and let me sit back and take a breather once in a while...its discouraging to feel as though this will never happen for me.... =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nohappymeal
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I really just want to be held all night! I can take care of myself.

Tashia07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I would really like a companion that understands that I can take care of myself and my son. I just want a person that can freely give affection, love, and respect.  I'm not big on PDA, but I like holding hands and a smootch here and there. I like to spoon. It is very difficult to find a man that can handle my independence and still give me the affection/attention I want.  I can find guys that appreciate my independence but they don't want to hold hands or hold doors for me. 

cara124
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:37 AM

basicly someone to be my equal, i have 3 kids i dont need another so someone who cleans up after themself, thinks for themself, and wants to share the same things i do, but  can handle me doing things alone.....i hate PDA .....but would like someone who is thoughtful enough to rember my bday without my reminding them...basicly i want  the perfect person so i know i will be alone forever oh well......

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Respectful, gainfully employed, sense of humor, senstitive, able to handle my moods, able to deal with my son respectfully, open minded, trustworthy....

starchild321
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Ok, as far as men go, not my thing.  What I look for in a person, is someone who can respect themeselves. I believe firmly in mutual respect in a relationship.  I look for someone who is supportive. Someone who has a mind of their own. Someone who is understanding and compasionate. Last I have to be able to hold a conversation with that person. Sex is fine, but what's the point, if I can't talk to the person I with. Communication is key to any relationship in my personal opinion. It has to be there. As well, I am very independent woman, I am looking for someone who will respect that and not try to control me.

bonnierae333
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I want someone that I can have fun with, someone that gives me attention. I would like to be a SAHM. Someone that helps out around the house if I am working, Indepentent, not controling, loves my kids like they are his own, gets along with my family, clean cut, I love tattoos and piercings but I want them to look presentable not dirty. I want a 50/50 relationship, meaning cores/money all that should be 50/50. I want someone that can handle my nightmares and not get mad when I kick them in my sleep. :-)

rachellynn81
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM

I think what I want most is someone to be a really good friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)