Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boredom or looking for love?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:37 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ik we beat online dating to death in this group. lol

I joined a few sites when I first became single and joined the group. I was very broken and did go on one date with someone. He was basically not right for me plus looking for a 'mommy' for his DD. I'm not ever going to be an involved stepmom like I was ever again.

Life has it's ups and downs and I'm getting all the good and bad of being a single mom. I'm just not meeting anyone. Way back when friends and family use to set me up on these horrible blind dates. At least I was dating, right?

Anyhoo.. today I've been playing around on Zoosk. I don't really like how the site is set up but I'm bored. I think boredom also fueled my use of the dating sites before.

Do u use the sites? Is it to hopefully find that special someone or to pass the time?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
starchild321
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I go to those sites sometimes. I think for me, its a little bit of both. I am bored and I am ready to date. I am not really getting anywhere. I had a chance to date this one girl. She reminded too much of my ex and I couldn't go there. I was honest enough to say that it wouldn't work. I would treat her like she was and probably look at like revenge. This is someone I met at the center in UT. That wouldn't be fair. As of recently, so far all I have met were friends anyway. The way I look at the whole dating scene is that I am single but I am not desparate. Until I find what I am looking for. I don't mind staying that way. So anyway for me its a little bit of both. Sometimes I make a friend in the process.

Mia1983
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I am on a dating site.  It is a way to pass time (it's kina of exciting to get new messages...lol).  I did meet a guy and date him four four months. I was starting to think he was the man of my dreams, but he turned out to be a bit shady (I posted about him on this forum).  So we don't talk anymore.  At the point I started talking to him, I was a desperate newly single mother looking for a new relationship (rebound).  So I'm sure it was doomed from the beginning.  So now I just respond to messages on the site and chit-chat.  I'd like to meet someone to go on dates with, but that's about all I want right now.  Really, all I can handle.

Plus a lot of the guys on the site are losers.  I've been talking back and forth with one guy who asked to meet me but said he was "kinda broke" and "had gas in the car, but that's it".  Also, the site is filled with married/attached men looking to creep on their SOs.  No thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)