Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

i feel aweful and terrible about this. i feel myself falling for my best friends husband. it wasnt on purpose. i didnt mean to feel like this. and i REFUSE to act on it like some women i have known. i will NEVER do that. i do my best to ignore it.

my question is should i talk to her about it? obviously i wouldnt talk to HIM about it. but they are both my best of friends and i dont want to ruin it. should i keep it to myself and just ignore it untill it goes away, or talk to her about it?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gabuckeye
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM

If it were me, I would not talk to her but try to do more stuff with her alone.  What good will come out of you telling her?  You may not really be in love with him but in love with what they appear to have.  Don't confuse the two.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I wouldn't tell her.  I would just swallow it and maybe distance myself from them for a little bit.  Tell her that you have alot of homework or something and can't hang out the next time she calls.  

Sometimes it is best that you keep your distance for a little while and let yourself sort yourself. 

msdlm937
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Telling her might ease your guilt, but it may also ruin your friendship. I would keep that to myself. And, like a PP said, you may just be in love with the idea, not necessarily him.

If you value your friendship with both of them, keep it to yourself.

AllNaturalMum
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I second this... Completely! If you tell her you're just going to ruin both friendships... Not worth it!

Quoting gabuckeye:

If it were me, I would not talk to her but try to do more stuff with her alone.  What good will come out of you telling her?  You may not really be in love with him but in love with what they appear to have.  Don't confuse the two.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
calgalmeg
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Well it's great you have your boundaries firmly set I would say to not mention it at all.  Make sure you don't spend time alone with him and distance yourself if you need to give yourself room to breath.  It is often easy to fall in love with someone you know is unattainable in your mind, but don't let it go far because in the end you will be hurt by it.  

jenniepepsi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM

thanks ladys. your right its very possible its just being attracted to what they have. they have the marriage i wanted. it seems so perfect to me (though im sure its not, there is no such thing)

thanks guys. ill definately not tell her, i didnt think of it causing a problem between us. ill try to spendsome tiem away or at least hang out with her while he is at work.

HeartsLove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM

If you wanna ruin your friendship, tell her. What good will come from hurting her like that?? Keep it to yourself, and keep your hands to yourself. You're probably not falling for HIM him, you just see a good man and a great husband and that's what's attractive to you. I hope...

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:34 AM

DONT tell  her.

just stay away from him until it passes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)