Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why cant people leave well enough alone?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have been in a FWB relationship with one of my ex's for a little over a month now, and in my opinion things are going great! but all of my other friends are trying to put labels on it.....

it is really annoying to me!  Yes we spend alot of time together, and to other people I can see how it looks like we are dating, but I am perfectly happy with it being what it is

why cant anyone understand that as a single mom I dont want the demands of a relationship? I dont want to have to make time for him unless that is what I really want. I dont need to go around saying that he is my boyfriend. I dont want to think about merging him into our comfy little family. I want to have somewhere to escape to and not have to be "Bri and Lukes mom" I want to enjoy the single life, and date and have phenomenol sex, and not have to worry about what he is thinking, and where is this going!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LMcKnight22
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Maybe they worry you'll get caught up in it inevitably.  But don't worry what they think...it's your life!!

WebEvie
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Well if you can handle it, great! However the only comment I have is that if you and the ex have a child together, you have to be careful because the child might get the wrong idea.

But your friends are likely just concerned about you since traditionally women aren't very good at having a relationship just for sex, emotions eventually get involved.

jbbrom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM

no children together and I'm trying to keep them as uninvolved as possible (my daughter has always known him because I was pregnant with her when we dated, so he as a friend has basically always been in her life, but my son has only met him two or three times)

the funny thing is actually they are concerned that he already wants to be more than friends, they think that he never stopped loving me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)