Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't qualify

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM
  • 6 Replies
Well after this baby is born i will no longer be able to get food stamps nor medical for myself. I don't know if my second child will still qualify for medical but it's just me who will not. Does anyone know any places around superior wi or around that area where i could get my baby free medical visits and baby shots from??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I'm not sure about free, but you can call your local DCFS and find out if they have kids programs for medical and dental. I know Iowa has Hawk-I and IL has something similar for a very small monthly fee. I think even adults can get coverage.

ROP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

That sucks! Why wouldn't you qualifiy? I work full time and I still get medical myself but we don't qualifiy for food stamps (by $20 a month)....maybe ask the health department? I know here (Illinois) they sometimes have clinics where you can get things like a free vax for something specific etc. *hugs*

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Why wouldn't you qualify for foodshare or medical assistance? You need to find out why?  I have made $11 an hour and still qualified for Badgercare. Yes, I am in Wisconsin. Whoever told you that you won't qulaify after you have another baby may be wrong. If the agency denies you, then appeal it. Right now I take home over $800 a month with 1 kid and get foodshare and badgercare.

sandie66
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Has your income changed? If not, then why is it changin? Especially now with 2 children? I know a friend of mine has free medical on all 6 of her children. She had free medical on herself until the little one turned 1.

AllNaturalMum
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Why are you losing your badgercare and food stamps? With the addition to the family you should still qualify.

I just recently had my daughter and then my yearly review for badgercare and I did not lose my badgercare- I just have very small copays now. My DD is on badgercare and has no copays at all.

Why do you think you will lose yours?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
msdlm937
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I don't know about Wisconsin, but here in Ohio, the local health departement provides immunizations for free or a small fee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)