• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long do you wait to have sex when dating?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM
  • 13 Replies
So, just wondering, how long do you usually wait to have sex when youre dating someone? Is more of a # of dates thing (like the infamous 3rd date) or is it more of how long in terms of weeks, months youve been dating?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Tiggeroo87.
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I wait until I'm ready. I don't really have a "set" time. If I'm up for it, I'll do it with the guy on the first date. If I feel like doing it on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th date, then I will, but it varies. It especially varies if you "click" with the other person. The person I'm least attracted to, I will wait, and even put it off. If I'm attracted to someone right away, depending on their personality, I'll do it with them right away, or we will make the decision to wait until we're comfortable with each other and talk about it then.

AdensMommy1107
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Good point Tiggeroo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I have no set thing either....it has been so long since I've dated I'm not sure what I'd do....lol.

Mia1983
by Mia on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Not before the third.  But other than that, prefer to wait until I get a feel for the person and sense whether I really like him and whether that's all he is after. 

starchild321
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I agree with someone who said it depends on if the vibes are there. I have engage on the first date also, because I wanted to. I have also make people wait after a few dates. Its just depends on the person and what I am feeling for that person. I have had dated, where sex wasn't even there. I choose not to engage in it with that person. People find that concept hard to believe but its possible to be in a relationship and not go there.

mytrueloveS
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:52 PM

depends, sometimes a month or a week.  Never on the first date though

jjcarney
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I agree it depends on the person.  My experience is that you hit friend territory after the 5th or so.

haydsmom2007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Depends how I'm feeling or how we are feeling each other. I slept with my boyfriend on the first date lol. Still together a year and a half later.

miamimom129
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:01 PM
I agree. It depends on the vibe. If u both r feeling each other go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rottiemama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I think if you are feeling it and you are both "safe" about it then do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)