Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting afternoon with the ex

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

The ex actually showed up with his other son, and we all went to the zoo, where we were all miserable. He pushed DS in the stroller and then walked with him once we put the monkey harness on him. This was kind of my test to see how well he did with him. DS is a runner lol The zoo went well over all. I really enjoyed spending time with his other son :o)

I was the nice ex and made everyone lunch when we got back. I wanted to make sure his other son ate and had something to drink before they left. I made bacon cheddar cheeseburgers and some fries. I made the kids some snow cones as well.

He actually hung around after we ate (which is odd for him) and had a talk. I told him about being consistent and being involved and then I would let him take him for a day if he wanted. I also told him that I knew he got back with his ex again when he disappeared for 2 months, and he admitted it. He said that  I didn't let him finish what he wanted to say last night when he said something about taking DS swimming at his parents. He said he wants all 3 of us to go. Meaning DS, DD, and I. He would like us to all go so that his parents can meet him, and so that  DS would still be comfortable. I have no problems with his so parents, so I said I would do it. They have a big house, a big pool, swing set. Tons of things for their grandkids to do there. I would also love to see his mom meet DS for the first time.

At the same time, I wonder if he has something up his sleeve by inviting us all. Intentions is maybe a better word.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ROP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I'm glad you had fun! You do never know though with intentions....I have to agree that it is more likely things up their sleeves! LOL My ex will send me money on top of c/s and then ask if he can visit. I always say yes and he never follows through...it's been YEARS since he has seen the boys.....December of 2007. But you never know but it is nice that he is willing to let everyone just be together. It is always nice for the kids that way. Everyone is together and there is no hard feelings. (at the time at least lol)

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I have an open door policy with him, for now.  No court order. He can see DS as long as we don't already have plans. He cancels a lot though. He says he's going to start coming up every time he has his other son, which would be nice. Not only for DS, but for me, so I can see his other son. We talked about taking the kids swimming, going to the Incredible Pizza Company, and etc. I want to do something fun with DS when he's here. I don't want to just sit here.

kcook55
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM

glad things went so well. how did grayson react to dad being there? i agree with you about something being up his sleeve but on the otherhand its good to have more grandparents in his life as long as they dont play games

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM

He didn't scream and cry when he walked in this time. It took him some time to even warm up to him, but he was still a momma's boy :o)  He loved his brother though. He loves other kids in general. He did go to him a couple times, but when he left he wouldn't give him a kiss or hug, but he did his brother lol

Quoting kcook55: 

glad things went so well. how did grayson react to dad being there? i agree with you about something being up his sleeve but on the otherhand its good to have more grandparents in his life as long as they dont play games

kcook55
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM

thats good he didn'tr scream and cry. and i totally understand the momma boy. kids trust other kids before a tall scary man he dont know. for the longest time till maybe 3-4 months ago ds would scream and hid if a man tried to talk to him

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

He didn't scream and cry when he walked in this time. It took him some time to even warm up to him, but he was still a momma's boy :o)  He loved his brother though. He loves other kids in general. He did go to him a couple times, but when he left he wouldn't give him a kiss or hug, but he did his brother lol

Quoting kcook55: 

jeepingirrl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Glad to hear it went well! Hopefully he will start being a little more consistent in your sons life!

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I am glad that you all had a good time. I also think you are right about wondering about his intentions. I have a tough time trusting people, so my radar would be on too. Just take it one day at a time and see how it goes. Hope the visit at his moms goes good.

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:23 AM

The popular answer from my mom, "adopted mom", and best friend  is that he still has feelings for me. I had some nice chats with all 3 of them yesterday. The advice my "adopted mom" gave me was to forgive him for the past, and have faith and trust in God for the future.

H79fordgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I would think he may be trying to get back together with you too. Glad you guys had fun. Hope he starts being more consistent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)