• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrrrrrrr vent update

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

today ds wanted to play his leapster and i said he had to put his glasses on or you cant play with it. and he goes and gets them and brings them to me so i can clean them. and i went to clean them and they broke in half GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH this is his second pair since late april/early may and he hasn't had these very long. when i picked these up they told me next time they would be 90 to get new ones. they were supposed to be under warranty for a yr. but they changed it. and i dont have the $$$ to get him new ones. so he didn't get to play with his leapster. and he just kept saying glue them back lol. they broke where the piece that goes over the nose that attaches to the lens

edit 

i called the dr office and they said it would be 58 for new frames i dont want to pay that much for cheap a$$ frames they brake very easily they were broken just from me cleaning them and there not very old at all maybe 6 weeks. so i called the insurance company and told them what the dr office said and she told me to take them back to the eye dr and they will pay for new frames.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ROP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:01 PM

AWWWW! I am so sorry. My oldest just got glasses and he is only 4 and I worry everyday! He has two pair. One was free from insurance and one I had to get at Walmart because she said he needed them NOW and insurance takes 3 months...:( Our Walmart here has a 1 year breakage warranty no matter what happens...:( It sucks, they are so pricey even for little kids. My son's were $130 for his non-insurance pair. :(

kcook55
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Quoting ROP:

AWWWW! I am so sorry. My oldest just got glasses and he is only 4 and I worry everyday! He has two pair. One was free from insurance and one I had to get at Walmart because she said he needed them NOW and insurance takes 3 months...:( Our Walmart here has a 1 year breakage warranty no matter what happens...:( It sucks, they are so pricey even for little kids. My son's were $130 for his non-insurance pair. :(

he will be 5 next month the insurance paid for part of these i was trying to wait till walmart has there back to school sale on glasses usually its buy 1 get 1 free

ROP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Yeah, it just sucks so bad when they need something like glasses that can be destroyed so easily. When we got our I had to talk to the landlord and pay part of the rent late. :( My son has lazy eye so he always has to wear them so if he ends up breaking both pair before his check up next April no idea what we will do. He also has a little brother that likes to play with them when I turn my back. :( Hope it all works out.

sweetwatertaffi
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:12 PM

you can find some very cheap frames that are smaller than the original and have the lens cut down or pay the extra and get the unbreakable ones. keeping small kids in glasses is a pain good luck

lissa27504
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I buy my son's glasses online at Zenni Optical.   He tried on tons of glasses to pick ones that would look good on him and fit him properly (he was professionally measured).  No complaints with the glasses he received from them.   One pair recently broke, I'm not sure what happened to them, I took them out of the case to clean them and they were all messed up, I'm sure he was throwing them in his backpack (he's 8) and putting everthing else on top of them. So I just orded him another pair.   He doesn't have any vision insurance so the online option was perfect for us---affordable, professional fit, look great.

kcook55
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM

BUMP!

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Yay!. Glad you got some good news!

Singlemomks
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

So glad that the insurance will help cover them. I think my daughter may need glasses, but I don't have insurance on her - and it scares me to death to guess how expensive that is going to be!

kcook55
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Quoting Singlemomks:

So glad that the insurance will help cover them. I think my daughter may need glasses, but I don't have insurance on her - and it scares me to death to guess how expensive that is going to be!

if you shop around alot of places for kids under 13 have the exam and 2 pair of glasses at around 70. i think dd needs glasses but she wouldn't let the eye dr touch her after he put eye drops in her eyes and the lady testing her eyes scared her 

kevinfsmom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:14 PM

that's crazy! i bought my 5 year glasses at wal-mart last Aug, they have broken 4 or 5 times, they have replaced them every time! We live in Ma. glasses are so expensive! Anthony went with family to a water park this weekend & left his glasses there! hopefully my friend is getting them tomorrow!i think i paid close to 2000 for everything, got the bendable ones, but they still break! good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)