• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I asked him out.... UPDATE AT END!!! grrrr

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM
  • 21 Replies

I met this nice guy about a year ago (he was a contractor I had hired). Over the summer, I met him again. Long story short, I got my courage together and I asked him out. We went out for drinks and I think we had a great time...he said things like he thought I was seeing someone so he never asked me out and that he remembered the first moment we met and that he loved my smile then and still does and that he thinks I'm so beautiful....wow! At the end of the night we shared a nice (but short) kiss and he asked if he could see me again. I said I would really like that. Well, that was a week ago. I called him and after I got his VM a few times (I didn't leave a message then) I finally left a message thanking him for the nigtht out and that I had a really nice time with him. No calls back. Then Friday I left him another message asking if he would like to get together this weekend and told him to give me a call back. Again, nothing. SO - what wold you do? Should I just write him off? I don't want to seem like a desperate divorcee by calling all the time. This is the first "real" date I have gone on since my divorce a few years ago and I just am not sure about myself at all (my self confidance really took a licking in my marriage of 13 years). *sigh* I really like this guy and am so bummed that he hasn't called back! Any suggestions?

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure,
to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer
meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for
in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollinicole
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I have to say am kinda in the same boat but with a guy I have been talking to for 7 months. Am driving my self crazy wishing he would call me but one of my BFF told me today that I just need to let it be and if it was meant then he could come around again, I thought things where going great but I have not heard from him since Tues. night. So we will see.

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I wouldn't call him anymore. You've called him and have left him messages. The ball is now in his court. The more you call, the more desperate you look. If he calls back, great. If not, there's lots more fish in the sea!

LuvMyPenguins
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

This....

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

I wouldn't call him anymore. You've called him and have left him messages. The ball is now in his court. The more you call, the more desperate you look. If he calls back, great. If not, there's lots more fish in the sea!

rickitikitavi
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM

maybe he is busy with work and gets home late or something!i wouldnt call him anymore!let him call you if he is indeed interested.in the mean while just go on with life.maybe there is someone else out there that you can get the courage to ask out!

prettymom444
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Thanks ladies!

prettymom444
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I'm devastated!  I think he's MARRIED!!!!!!!

You know - I had really serious trust issues thanks to my sleezy ex - now this guy pulls this.  He told me he was divorced, details and everything (her name too)!  I happened to look him up on facebook and his supposed "ex" is one of his friends and her profile picture is him, her and their kids at Disney!  He told me that two weeks ago he took his boys there for his son's 8th birthday - and one of the kids in the picture is wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm 8 today!" banging head into wall

So tell me - if you are divorced, would you make your FB profile picture a family picture with your ex - no matter how well you got along??

prettymom444
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 PM

BUMP!

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Heck no!!!! What an a$$!

Quoting prettymom444:

I'm devastated!  I think he's MARRIED!!!!!!!

You know - I had really serious trust issues thanks to my sleezy ex - now this guy pulls this.  He told me he was divorced, details and everything (her name too)!  I happened to look him up on facebook and his supposed "ex" is one of his friends and her profile picture is him, her and their kids at Disney!  He told me that two weeks ago he took his boys there for his son's 8th birthday - and one of the kids in the picture is wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm 8 today!" banging head into wall

So tell me - if you are divorced, would you make your FB profile picture a family picture with your ex - no matter how well you got along??

H79fordgirl
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Wow, I'm sorry but it sounds like he is still married. Maybe they are getting divorced but if they took the kids to disney together and she has a pic of all of them as her profile pic, it sounds like they are trying to work it out. Even if they got along terrific, having a family pic as her profile pic is a pretty good sign they are working on things. I could see them going together (MAYBE) for the kids, etc but then I would have a pic of my kids, not of my ex too! Facebook is a double edged sword isn't it?

Singlemomks
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM

UGH! Men are so slimy! It's so hard to find an honest one! Chalk it up to experience, and give yourself a pat on the back for asking him out - that took a ton of courage on your part! It's not the end of the world, and now you have that stepping stone and experience so you can try again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)