Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD play asks the HARD questions to night

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay so my DD is 3, and smart. So to night she played lets ask Mommy all the hard questions. So here they are:

So to night at dinner she asked me why she was allergic to food and no one else in the family was not. I felt bad cause I did not know what to tell her. She has had known food allergies since 12months old so its normal to her but she see people eating things and she knows she cant have them. I try not to eat anything around her that she can not have cause it breaks my heart when she give this look and her eyes ask if she can have it cause she know 9 times out of 10 she can not.

Then about 10min later: Mommy how come all my friends have a daddy and I dont? Where is he?

15 mins later: Mommy all the boys and girls at school have a baby brother or sister how come I dont? And mommy how come my hair is not like your? I have straight hair and well this is her lol

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tyfry7496
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM

She is beautiful!!!  For the allergies, I am not sure what to tell her. Maybe her doctor can help you out with that one. As for why her friends have daddies and she doesn't....tell her what my son's Kindergarten teacher told him when he said he didn't have a dad. She told him "everyone has a father, somepeople just don't get to see their father. There are many reasons people don't get to see their father's but everyone has a father." He  understood that very well.  The brother/sister thing..that's a hard one. I told my son that I just wanted him, so I can give all my attention and love to just him. (he is 13 now and when he asks I tell him. "If I have another child you will not get all my attention and whatever you want." It has worked for the last 5 years).

For the hair. It is time for the everyone is different speech. I have said that everyone is different in some way...some people have straight hair, curly hair, no hair. Blue eyes, brown eyes. Some are tall, short. Light skin dark skin. Some wear glasses some don't. Our differences make us who we are and how special we are. My son had blonde hair when he was little and I have brown hair.

BTW I think your daughter has pretty curly hair...she is cute.

LuluMa27
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Eesh those are some hard questions!

I'm sure you handled them well and in the best way you could.

And you're daughter iS absolutely adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollinicole
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:26 AM

Thanks I will have to use that, I was just on the spot and was not really sure what to say did not want to say the wrong thing and make her questions it more. She is so super smart and will sit there and think about what you told her and then question that lol. Oh and she knows she is cute and as u can see in the picture tries to use it to get things lol which works on most people but mommy lol

Quoting tyfry7496:

She is beautiful!!!  For the allergies, I am not sure what to tell her. Maybe her doctor can help you out with that one. As for why her friends have daddies and she doesn't....tell her what my son's Kindergarten teacher told him when he said he didn't have a dad. She told him "everyone has a father, somepeople just don't get to see their father. There are many reasons people don't get to see their father's but everyone has a father." He  understood that very well.  The brother/sister thing..that's a hard one. I told my son that I just wanted him, so I can give all my attention and love to just him. (he is 13 now and when he asks I tell him. "If I have another child you will not get all my attention and whatever you want." It has worked for the last 5 years).

For the hair. It is time for the everyone is different speech. I have said that everyone is different in some way...some people have straight hair, curly hair, no hair. Blue eyes, brown eyes. Some are tall, short. Light skin dark skin. Some wear glasses some don't. Our differences make us who we are and how special we are. My son had blonde hair when he was little and I have brown hair.

BTW I think your daughter has pretty curly hair...she is cute.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
HisMommaNikki
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM

she's adorable....:)

Tashia07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Food allergies suck, but when she gets a little older she will be alright! My best friend of 23 years is allergic to eggs, I'm allergic to citrus, and our other close friend is allergic to gluten. Between the three of us there isn't much we can eat. So our parents would always make us special treats that everyone could eat. We had dirt (the pudding/graham cracker dessert) made with homemade graham cracker, homemade ice cake, and a LOT of Mexican and Greek foods! Knowing that there were special treats just for us at home made us forget about the food we couldn't have well we were out.

Aww you have a heart breaker on you hands!

I am a strong believer is being straight forward.  I asked my mother why she had glasses and I didn't. Asked my mother why my hair was awkardly straight and she had an afro.  I was just asking these questions for my mother's undivided attention. It will be easy for me to explain where my son's father is because lives really far away.

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM

My DD has allergies to different scents, colors (dye's) no food that we know of. But, she has never asked why I guess cause I have always told her that her Dad as fair skinned, and could not eat certain foods, and perfume seemed to bother him, she must just figure that is what she got from Dad. She knows her Dad is in Heaven and one day she will see him again. She has brought up the being a only child , all I could tell her was I loved your Dad and we had you :-) know if I would have anymore kids  they can't be with Daddy so I think I just love to have you around. Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)