Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call grandma? PLEASE READ I NEED HELP

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM
  • 28 Replies

Ok so my childs donor has 2 children other than my own.  He has (or at least had) full custody of them.  He has only seen my son twice for a total of 2hrs and 5 minutes, with 2 of those hours being in court when he was signing over his custodial rights.  See the relationship was rocky at best.  I got pregnant while he had a girlfriend.  I was the unconsentual other woman.  So after threatening e-mails from both him and her I left the situation alone.  I haven't heard from him since January.  He lives with his mother, pathetic I know I should have known...anyway I digress.  So as most grandmothers do, she loves her grandchildren to pieces, but she has never seen my son.  She told her niece to ask me about meeting up with her back in November and that was the last I heard from her.  My question is this,  do I reach out and say hey you want to meet up somewhere so you can meet your grandson or do I leave it alone.  She has a FB page and has never contacted me she also has my number.  

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilmommy2007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM

if she really would like to meet her grandchild she would contact you in some way shape or form, but I would leave it be for now

hollinicole
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I would leave it alone. Trust me that just starts a big mess.

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I agree

Quoting aprilmommy2007:

if she really would like to meet her grandchild she would contact you in some way shape or form, but I would leave it be for now

rickitikitavi
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM

i agree with the previous poster!just leave it well enough alone.if she wants to see him she can get ahold of you!!!you dont need the stress of setting things up!

jrabbit813
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM

thank you ladies.  I have really been torn and tormented by this for a long time now.  I even had a dream the other night that she saw me in the mall and was in tears because I kept her grandson from her, but like I said thank you ladies for your input

tyfry7496
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Nope. She knows how to get in contact with you, if she really wants to see her grandchild. It is not your responsibility to push a relationship with grandma and grandchild.  Let her come to you.

jeepingirrl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I agree with everyone else. She has means to contact you.

ROP
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I am kinda in the same situation only my ex's parents have seen my children once.....no idea....:( hugs

jrabbit813
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:36 PM

thanks again you all.  It's just a big mess he signed over custody so she was pissed then the state went after him for child support thats when he pulled a Maury Povich (I am not the daddy) after signing an acknowledgment of paternity (again not the brightest bulb) and then the guy deleted me from his FB and blocked me, mind you the only way he was updated on my son was pictures I had on FB

moxiema
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:49 PM

someone has to be the adult in this situation. try for your son. people has a way of putting guilt  trips on others. you might be surprise would granny has to say. beware: if granny starts to trip, it's only because of what her granson told her about you.  beat  baby daddy to the punch.( catch my drift).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)