Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really need some advice again lol

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

I need some advice. I have been dating this guy for 7 months, I let him meet DD and also talk to DD on the phone cause this where going so freaking great,  this happened in the last 3 months. DD is 3 and really took to him. Well now we have not talked in a week cause he needed some time and DD keeps asking to talk to him and I really dont know what to do. I DO know next time I will keep my DD away from any guys cause I dont want to see her get hurt too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tracyfly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Give him his space.  I definitely wouldn't push your daughter on him anymore.  When he's ready to be around her, he will ask.  It has to be up to him.  Aside from that, you need to go out and do stuff.  Try not to have the mindset that he's the only one for you. 

hollinicole
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I did not push her on him at all he asked to meet her but I would not till 3 months ago and then I was worried this would happen, Am letting him her his time and space its been a week and I have only called once then left it alone

Quoting Tracyfly:

Give him his space.  I definitely wouldn't push your daughter on him anymore.  When he's ready to be around her, he will ask.  It has to be up to him.  Aside from that, you need to go out and do stuff.  Try not to have the mindset that he's the only one for you. 

Tracyfly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM

How many times after the first initial meeting did he see her?  I'm just asking because from his view point that may be what you are doing.  Sorry if it seemed like I was implying you are doing that, it's just guys look at things differently and it's frustrating because they don't tell you straight up it's too much. 

Quoting hollinicole:

I did not push her on him at all he asked to meet her but I would not till 3 months ago and then I was worried this would happen, Am letting him her his time and space its been a week and I have only called once then left it alone

Quoting Tracyfly:

hollinicole
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM

oh no its okay, they have only seen each other 4 times and then he would call and want to talk to her, I never made him meet her or talk to her, he asked. I was really worried about letting them meet cause DD takes to people fast and now this. He has a 6 year old.

Quoting Tracyfly:

How many times after the first initial meeting did he see her?  I'm just asking because from his view point that may be what you are doing.  Sorry if it seemed like I was implying you are doing that, it's just guys look at things differently and it's frustrating because they don't tell you straight up it's too much. 

Quoting hollinicole:

Quoting Tracyfly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)