• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hell just froze over!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay, it has been nine months since my ex has see/spoken to my children. Well a couple weeks ago, he facebooked me, and asked me did we still live in the same place as before..i told him yes we did and it lead into a huge talk about the kids..well needless to see it caused my husband (who has been there since he walked away) to fight. So I stopped talking to the ex. Well my daughters birthday is this coming Wed, and load and behold...he sent her a birthday gift!!! Then he wrote her a letter saying he has been a bad daddy and he is sorry and he wants to be their for her and her brother and talk to them if mommy lets him..and it just went on about he wants them to meet their new sister..they dont even know they have a sister!! I havent told them,because he is so invold with the other child..that i didnt want them to feel unloved as they have already been feeling..I am trying to hold out hope that he has changed and wont walk out on them again..so i am watching and guarding them very careful..

I am a free sprit,  Vaccinating, , gardening, photography loving, Non-Spanking,  Hard Working SAHM, to a , 4 year old who will continue to be in one as long as his carseat allows, and loving  mommy to Emily who is 7 yr old and four yr old Andrew, and wife to James been together a year been married for six months..

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tyfry7496
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:30 PM

People do change and the ex and his kids have a right to a relationship...as long as he is consistent.  You should not have stopped talking to your ex because your husband got mad. You have to talk to the ex in order for a relationship between him and the kids is to work out.  I understand that he has been there for them, but he is not their father and their father deserves the chance to prove he has changed and be a father.

BriHan06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM

That is definitely a hard one to make a decision.  On one side it would be nice to give them the chance to know their father, though it can come back and bite you in the ass.  If you don't giuve them the chance they could recent you for it... Either way, is a toss up.  Good luck mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)