• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There ended up being ONE thing I needed from him

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:07 AM
  • 15 Replies

So, a few months ago, my DS, sperm donors wife emailed me. She made me mad, and I simple said I do not need anything from you guys, please leave me alone.

Well now I do need something. I need them to give me sperm donors head size.

My sons head measures way big, and there is a huge possiblity of hydrocephalus. They found something abnormal on his brain through a CT scan. We are seeing a neurosurgeon the 7th, to get their opinion. But until then I guess out neurologist has a tool where he can put my head size and SDs head size to see if it would cause a baby with a big head (WTF RIGHT?!?!)

The neruologist said if he refuses to give it to me, that he can court order it. Really he is going to court order his head circumfrance?! It sounds totally crazy. So now I am stuck emailing his wife (since I have no idea how to contact him) letting her know we need BDs head circumfrence or he will get sued to tell me...

Awkward?!?!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Wow, I'd say that's awkward! Good luck with that, and let us know if they e-mail you back! I hope the testing goes well :o)

LuluMa27
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Wow that is something that I don't any one would typically think of needing.

It is awkward but its in regards to your son's health. And you're just asking for info requested by the dr!

If needed can your doctor draft a request letter that you can send as an attachment to an email to the wife?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Yeah, I think I may call Monday and see if they can send a form or something for him to fill out.. I was going to just do it tonight, but I Cant bring myself to do it...ehh

LuluMa27
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Lol I totally understand how you feel. Its a pride thing! You tell them you don't need their "pity" or help... And then this comes along!

Seriously though, when they asked if you needed anything, I doubt they even meant the circumference of the "donors" head!

I think if and when you ask, they would not take that in the same way if you were asking for financial assistance. Bc its not! So keep telling yourself that; you're not "taking back" your initial claim that you don't need them. You just need medical info.

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Yeah, I think I may call Monday and see if they can send a form or something for him to fill out.. I was going to just do it tonight, but I Cant bring myself to do it...ehh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maeona
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I think if it comes down to your son's health and the awkwardness of dealing with the donor and his SO then your son's health should definitely come first!!! So I would personally go with the neurosurgeon's advice and if you can't get ahold of them then you should totally get him court ordered.

H79fordgirl
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Good luck to you and your son. You aren't asking for something like money so it is not the same thing at all. Hope he complies with out it going to court. I agree if you have the form or letter from MD it would probably help but then again that gives your ex info that you may not want him to have. I know I try not to have my ex involved in daughter's medical stuff b/c he is clueless and makes everything a lot more difficult than it is. I keep him informed b/c I have to but I prefer he not go to appt with us, etc. He could show up at the appt, call and bother the MD office etc. Just my opinion from what I go through with my ex.

Singlemomks
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Never say never lol! But don't feel bad - you aren't going back on what you said. This is medical information, not because you need some sort of financial help. I sure hope the testing goes well and your son is ok!

sterlingxheart
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Does your ex look like he has a big head? I had the same problem with DD and it ended up she just took after him after all tests were done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Well he had a big head when he was little... And thats what we figured but they found fluid on his brain they just arent sure how much of it is causing his reallly big head. Im still waiting on dr offive to call back on the form thing!! Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Well he had a big head when he was little... And thats what we figured but they found fluid on his brain they just arent sure how much of it is causing his reallly big head. Im still waiting on dr offive to call back on the form thing!! Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)