Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you think??

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

As a newly single mom (7 Months) I am worried that I am being too hopful about a current situation. I have been corresponding with a great guy at work for a while now (he works for the same company but at a different location). He has come to my office and  helped me out several times with computer problems and  he has always been real nice and very professional. Recently though his emails have said things like (hope to see you soon and I will come out there this summer to see you. This caught me off guard, am I right to assume he may be interested or is he just being nice? I need advice, I don't want to make a mistake.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ambie1983
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Sounds like a good sign! Just be cautious of workplace romance. Sometimes they don't play out well! Does he know your single? Is he single?

India-Monet
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:08 PM

keep it casual until you know he is intrested unless you are intrested too. Ask him in person especially since you work together.

coffee.crisp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Not nearly enough info to tell :)  I'd just go on the assumption that he is being friendly and polite and leave it at that-- you might be pleasantly surprised!  Much better than getting your hopes up and finding out he's just trying to be a good co-worker.

Dlaport
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM

He does know that I am single I 'm not sure about his situation. I really apprehensive and don't want to be to positive and then get let down. Thanks for the advice!

Dlaport
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I'm afraid to ask because I don't want to be let down.

ambie1983
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I personally would let him make the first move then. It would be awkward to find out he was married if you made a move first. Or maybe just work it into the convo...and just ask him if he has kids or married...

Quoting Dlaport:

He does know that I am single I 'm not sure about his situation. I really apprehensive and don't want to be to positive and then get let down. Thanks for the advice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)