• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needs help and needs advice

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM
  • 1 Replies

I didn't know who my son's dad was until three weeks ago and when i told the guy the first thing he asked about was money because he said he couldn't offer anything else. Then he kept sayin we would talk about the situation but we haven't really talk. He is giving me mixed feelings and confusing me. I don't know what to do. Any advice because this is stressing me out and making my head hurt

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Maeona
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:40 PM

You may have to come to terms that he may never step up into the father position. I'll say that I am currently in a situation where the father has known about his son since I became pregnant and he is basically only slightly more involved with things than you are describing this man as being. If you are unable to contact him and have a serious discussion about what he and you would both like, then I would suggest that you make a visit to your local county building and find out how to get paternity testing (If he wasn't around when the child was born to sign the paperwork stating that he is the father then you need to have this done in order for him to legally be the father to your child and thus pay child support) and then get him to pay child support. Even if you want nothing from this man, you should always collect child support! Whether you're using it to pay for things you may not otherwise be able to provide for your child, or putting it away in a college fund or other important future spending fund. Definitely definitely get child support for this man's child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)