Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so confused

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

After my ex's last visit, I am so confused. My family and close friends still think he has feelings for me, and that we could possibly make it work.

When I really think about it, I'm scared he might leave like he did last time, and run back to his ex. He says he's done with her and never going back, but, he's a man. Our relationship wasn't bad. He treated me good when we were together, as well as my DD. My issue was trying to get him to spend more time with his son when we had him. Other then that, it was great with your occasional bumps in the road that every relationship has. Had he been more mature and talked about things better, I think it's something we could have worked through. Instead, he ran.

I may be reading to far into it, but really, how many ex's invite their ex's to their parents house for the day to hang out, swim, and play??

I guess so this makes more sense, here the link to my other post  that is in reference to this.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/4509/forums/read/11704520/Interesting_afternoon_with_the_ex

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LovinKayla
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I would go ahead and invite him it would be a great way to spend some time with him. And it would be in a neutral environment.

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM

No, he invited us to his parents house for a day. That's why my family and friends think that he may still have feelings for me.

I have nothing against his parents, they're very nice. DS has never met his parents yet.

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Added a link so people would understand the story more.

Sirilla
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Take your time don't rush into anything enjoy the moment take it one day at a time.

Alison81
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM

This sounds JUST like my situation. We are still like best friends, and we're even having another baby together, but I am also still scared he will run back to his ex when he gets scared and wants to escape reality. He left me for his ex when I was pregnant last year with our daughter, and even though I am 99% sure he is done with his ex and the ex is done with him, when we are apart, in the back of my mind I am thinking...is he talking to her? Is she at his apartment? But then we do family things together. He invites me to his family get togethers, and we act like a couple. Everyone thinks we should be together, but he's unsure. I think the committment scares him, he knew him and the ex would continue to be on again/off again and never get serious. He knows I'll stay.

It's a tough call. Have you asked him how he feels? If he's not sure, I'd continue just spending time with him if he invites you, and see if things fall together.

Ali, mom to Elsa, 11.20.03, Kylie 12.11.09, and new baby due 2.28.11

Kissybratzmom
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I'm not sure how he feels for sure. My friends and family all seem to think he still has feelings for me. I'm not the type that can just come out and ask without looking stupid lol

Quoting Alison81:

This sounds JUST like my situation. We are still like best friends, and we're even having another baby together, but I am also still scared he will run back to his ex when he gets scared and wants to escape reality. He left me for his ex when I was pregnant last year with our daughter, and even though I am 99% sure he is done with his ex and the ex is done with him, when we are apart, in the back of my mind I am thinking...is he talking to her? Is she at his apartment? But then we do family things together. He invites me to his family get togethers, and we act like a couple. Everyone thinks we should be together, but he's unsure. I think the committment scares him, he knew him and the ex would continue to be on again/off again and never get serious. He knows I'll stay.

It's a tough call. Have you asked him how he feels? If he's not sure, I'd continue just spending time with him if he invites you, and see if things fall together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)