Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast feed or formula

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM
  • 39 Replies

Poll

Question: which did/do you do

Options:

feed or fed formula

both

breast feed or fed

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

do you breast feed (fed) or use(d) formula.   i breast feed. it is more healthy and protects baby from lots of diseases.

Alina and Mom kissing

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coffee.crisp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Your poll is confusing... it only offers the options of "fed formula" or "both".  I didn't breastfeed (and won't be with this baby-- I don't produce milk, we aren't sure why) so it didn't matter to ME, but you should probably add "breastfed" as one of the options on the poll :)

Edited to add-- you fixed it, cool :)

alinsNlakeysha
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Quoting coffee.crisp:

Your poll is confusing... it only offers the options of "fed formula" or "both".  I didn't breastfeed (and won't be with this baby-- I don't produce milk, we aren't sure why) so it didn't matter to ME, but you should probably add "breastfed" as one of the options on the poll :)

Edited to add-- you fixed it, cool :)

yea, i forgot but i changed it though. thanks

Alina and Mom kissing

LuvMyPenguins
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:24 PM

i did both....

starchild321
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I did both with my kids. Oldest dd was breastfed until 2 and half. I also nursed my oldest ds until about 1 year, same with youngest ds. 14 dd was a different story. She was breastfed until almost 6 weeks. The state stepped in because of her abusive father. She lived with my aunt along with siblings, and it was hard to nurse there during visits, because my aunt was so against it and had a system for making bottles that I was expected follow. We had to stop doing it.

ambie1983
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I pumped for a few months. I was stupid and didn't get anyone to help me. But I did pump for awhile so my son could get breastmilk.

ROP
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I breastfed. It was just so much cheaper and easier and when my second came along I could just stick him on the boob and go back to sleep....lol and then wake up at 5am with my two year old at the time.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I breastfed both my kids. My youngest, 16 months is still nursing. I'm too lazy to bottle fed or formula feed. Plus its what's best for my kids.

aj23
by Amanda on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I started out breastfeeding but my son would take at least an hour to eat and by the time he went to sleep and i tried to get back to sleep I would get two hours sleep tops before he was up again. One night when he was bout 10 weeks I was sitting on the couch feeding him and I fell asleep and woke up just in time to catch him from hitting the floor. I went the next day and got formula. I caught all kinds of crap for it but to me it's much better that he was fed and we were both getting sleep. I was so sleep deprived it was a heath risk to us both. He actually started gaining weight then too.
fwiw- I did try to get help but random women wanting to grab my boobs and move them around just weirded me out.

Mia1983
by Mia on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:15 PM

My first daughter:  I did both from the beginning until my supply slowly dwindled around 6 months.  It was formula from then out.  The hospital sabotaged me from the start.  I told the staff I planned to BF, and they brought bottles of formula to my room after the birth anyway.  They tried to guilt me into thinking DD was starving and she need more than colostrum (wrong!).  But I didn't know any better and gave in.   It's sad that a lot of women think they aren't producing enough but they are actually causing their own supply problems.  I was one of those people.

My second daughter I exclusively breastfed.  No bottles nor pumping for the first year.  That ended early too, because at 12 months I got so depressed about the separation I stopped eating.  I became convinced my milk was no longer any good so I stopped.  I wish I hadn't.  But I was glad we made it that far.

kcook55
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:15 PM

with ds i formula fed cuz the dr said no to breastfeeding cuz my asthma was way out of control i was in the er at least 6 times per month. they would give me meds that were safe for him. dd was 5 weeks early and i tried to breast feed her but she was too small and couldn't latch on right. but i'm glad it worked out that way cuz before she turned a month old i figured out she was allergic to milk/diary she started showing signs from day one. but her dr wouldn't listen and i could stand to see my baby in pain any longer so i bought a different kind of formula and when the dr saw how good she was doing on it he wrote out paper work for wic to pay for her formula

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)